04

The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries

S3 Ep7

Everyone was gathered around the town square setting up all the lights for the event later on in the day. Sasha walked through the things of people while Carol Lockwood addressed everyone from a podium in the center. Sasha truly didn't understand the idea of having countless Founder's Day events because after a few they just lost all their meaning. Not to mention that with every passing one the reasonings behind them were just stupid. 

Today's event was to honor the day when their ancestors finally came out during the night and were finally safe. And they did that by turning off all the lanterns across town. But Sasha just couldn't be bothered this time. Her and Elena moved through the crowd in search of Jeremy and Ric. Unfortunately, Ric had to be there since he was part of the History department, and Jeremy was an innocent victim. 

Carol passed on the stage to Tobias Fell and Sasha had to hold back her groan. That man spoke so slowly and it drove anyone to boredom. The two girls finally spot Ric and Jeremy standing off to the crowd. 

"Hey, sorry we're late. What did we miss?", Sasha asks with a big smile on her face. 

"You didn't miss anything", Jeremy replies. Sasha moves back to watch Tobias speak. Already most people had lost interest in the podium. So it startles her when Jeremy chuckles. Sasha looks at him and then at the man talking about Founders, not something funny. 

"Something funny Jer?", she asks him, noticing that he was standing a bit awkwardly. 

Jeremy simply points up at the podium as if that explained anything. He went on as if nothing happened but Sasha was suspicious. 

****

The four of them go to the Grill after the volunteers are finished at the square. Sasha is lying back on her chair, sunglasses down, and just taking in the sun.

"Hey, Jer, I need your help", Elena says interrupting her sister's peacefulness. 

"What's up?". 

"I've been going through Stefan's old journals. And every time that he's gone off the rails his best friend, Lexi, has been the one to bring him back". Elena starts taking out Stefan's old journals.

"So where is she now that we need her?", Ric asks.

"Dead", Sasha answers for him. She knew that Damon had killed her when he first had come into town.

"You want me to try and reach her, don't you?", Jeremy fills in the blanks.

"I thought if I knew how she did it maybe I could help him", Elena explains.