02

The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries

S1 Ep2

The sun was shining through the window casting a halo of light around the sleeping girl on the bed. 

The light was so strong it eventually awoke Sasha. As she sat up, a small smile stretched across the girl's face. This had been the first night without nightmares since her parent's death. Of course, there were the nights with Tyler, but this night was important because she had slept alone. 

Even after the events of yesterday, Sasha was excited for the day. There was a new feeling of hope and this sense of impending change. The question was if that change would be good or bad. 

"Sasha, are you ready yet? If not, I'm leaving without you!" Elena shouts into her sister's room. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming no need to shout" Sasha replies. 

Both girls were making their way to the stairs when their aunt stopped them. "Hold on. Do I look adult? As in, respectfully parental?". 

"Uhm depends where you're going Jenna" Sasha answeres the older woman with a smile on her face. 

"Jeremy's parent-teacher conference. Hair up or down?" Jenna asks while looking at the mirror. 

"Sexy stewardess" Elena replies for the hair up. 

"Uhhh, boozy housewife" Sasha laughs for hair down. 

"Up it is. You guys seem feisty today?" Jenna tells her nieces. It brought a smile to her face, for way too long the three Gilberts had been down and not themselves, so it was nice to see at least two of them behave like themselves again. 

"Yeah I feel good Aunt Jenna, so I will run with it and see where the day takes me" Sasha beames up at her aunt. 

"Where is Jeremy?" Elena was looking with a frown on her face at the empty bedroom. 

"Oh, he left early. Something about getting to woodshop early to finish a birdhouse?". 

Elena's frown just gets bigger, since when had her brother had woodshop?

 Sasha got a sad look on her face, she couldn't understand why her brother was lying like this. 

Jenna looks up when she was met with silence. The look on the younger girl's face was enough for her to piece everything together. "There is no woodshop, is there?". Both girls shake their heads.