01

The Vampire Diaries 

The Vampire Diaries 

S1 Ep1

 In the world, there exists this certain phenomenon called the Blood Moon. As the name, clearly, explains it is a night where the moon is the color of blood. Now if someone were to be scientific about it, they'd say that the air molecules in the atmosphere get rid of most of the blue light. And so the remaining light reflects onto the Moon's surface with a red glow. This is the sciency way to look at things. But others had a more sinister view on the matter. There is a certain prophecy that says that when the Moon in the sky turns blood red, it is signaling the end of times. 

Sasha was in the middle of the woods. Alone. The trees in this part of the forest were so thick very little light passed through them to illuminate a path. The small light that did pass through the branches came from the Blood Moon in the sky. 

The light that hit the ground cast an eerie glow around the entire clearing. It shrouded Sasha's face in red light, resembling blood on the girl's skin. Sasha didn't know why she was in the middle of the woods all by herself. But something she did know with 100% certainty, she was terrified. 

Suddenly fog started appearing from every corner of the clearing. It circled her, trapping her in a bloody mist. Fear started creeping into her, fear like she had never felt before. The hairs on the back of her neck stood at attention when a twig snapped somewhere in the forest. Normally that sound wouldn't carry in a forest, but tonight there was no other sound besides the girl's heartbeat. And so the simple sound of a twig breaking was amplified into a bone snapping. 

Sasha started feeling suffocated by the smell of blood all around her, she needed to run. Run for her life. As soon as the girl took off, the forest became alive. Every tree branch suddenly became a hand that tried to grab her or tried to slow her down. They grabbed at her feet wanting to pull her down towards a black abyss. The sound of someone chasing the girl could be heard from miles away and it was getting closer and closer. The growling and the sheer speed at which it was moving were enough to make anyone die on the spot. 

Through the thick fog, it was difficult to see in front of her and the girl very quickly tripped on a rock and fell hard to the floor. Blood trickled down her arm where she had hit the rock. 

The mysterious animal could smell the sweet and delicious smell of it. It could almost taste it in his mouth, the sweet, sweet taste of it. A slow smile spread across the animal's face. 

Sasha was shaking and crying in fear, this was the end and she knew it. 

As fast as the forest had come alive, it died. The only sound to be heard was the labored breaths coming from the girl and the slow and predatory steps of the animal getting closer to her. It was so happy to have found its prey.