03

The Vampire Diaries 

The Vampire Diaries 

S3 Ep5

"Ow", Charlotte stops kissing Matt, when she bangs her head against the weight of the machine. The two are in the school's gym making out. They had gone there with the intention of working out but one thing led to another and now Charlotte had her hands under his shirt.

Matt laughs before pulling away and replacing the weight to its correct spot. His attention goes back to Charlotte and he gently brushes back her hair.

"What are you laughing at?", Charlotte pulls an annoyed face, which just makes Matt smile harder.

"Sorry, Lottie. You're just too cute".

"Uhu".

They go back to making out but a thumping noise sounds through the school. Matt breaks away from the kiss, but Charlotte just starts kissing his neck, not really thinking twice about the noise.

"Did you hear that?", Matt asks suspiciously, looking around as if expecting to find someone. 

"It was probably just something falling over", Charlotte brushes it off, trying to go back to the make-out session. "It's the middle of the night during summer vacation. No one is here". Charlotte leans down to kiss him but Matt's mind is somewhere else.  But the noise sounds again and Matt gets up backing away from Charlotte.

"Are you seriously not hearing that?". Matt looks spooked, jittery. Looking around as if expecting something to jump out at him. Charlotte looks up at him from the bench. 

 "Are you ok? You seem freaked out Matt".

"That noise. Someone is here Charlotte", he insists. 

Charlotte gets up and places both hands gently on his arms, running them up and down in a soothing pattern. But Matt simply places his finger on his lips and leads Charlotte away from the gym and into the corridor. 

"Matt, you're starting to freak me out.", Charlotte whispers. It was like he had seen a ghost, she had never seen him behave that way.

They walk down a hallway and Charlotte jumps when the sound comes again, but this time it's closer to them. Maybe someone was at the school with them and knowing the kind of life they lead, Charlotte didn't want to chance what could be behind that door. She holds on tight to Matt's hand. They walk closer to a dark classroom where the sound seems to be coming from. Matt looks in through the small window but it's impossible to see anything. He slowly opens the door and walks inside, when all of a sudden a thousand snapping sounds go through the entire room. Matt jumps up and Charlotte screams, turning on the light. When the two look around they see their friends in the classroom setting mouse traps on the ground.

"Argh! Come on! Seriously?", Caroline complains, "Do you know how long it took for us to set this up?". Charlotte grabs her chest breathing a sigh of relief.