04

The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries

S2 Ep7

After the events of last night, Sasha could barely sleep. At around 2 am, after spending the entire night tossing and turning, feeling worried for Jenna, Sasha got out of bed and headed for the hospital. Although visitation hours were over Sasha pleaded with the night nurse to let her stay over in Jenna's room. She almost regretted coming to see her aunt. Jenna was sleeping in the hospital bed, too many wires plugged into her. Her too pale skin reminded Sasha of the night her parents died, seeing Elena with nearly white skin and cold to the touch. Sasha stifled the sob that wanted to leave her throat. She couldn't bare the thought of losing someone else in her family. She knew it was selfish but sometimes she wished that Stefan hadn't come into their lives and brought all his enemies with him. Sasha softly made her way to the chair near Jenna's bed, probably where Rick had been sitting all night before they kicked him out. Sitting herself down, Sasha laid her head near Jenna and held her hand, waiting for her falling tears to bring her darkness.

Thankfully, Jenna was released the next day which was a relief to the Gilbert family. "Sasha honey, you're going to have to leave my side one sooner or later", Jenna laughed at her niece who hadn't left her side since this morning when Jenna woke up to find her sleeping in the most uncomfortable position ever.

"Well, I was thinking of just dropping out of school and staying with you forever", Sasha taunted her aunt.

"Oh god, what have I gotten myself into", Jenna joked putting her arm around Sasha, but the movement made her wince in pain.

"Jenna!", Sasha exclaimed, "Jeremy! Matt! Help her get into the house". Sasha and Elena grabbed all of Jenna's stuff and brought it inside.

"Please stop fussing! I'm fine", Jenna complained.

"Jenna, the doctors told you to take things easy", Sasha practically scolded her.

"Yeah, you don't want to open up your stitches, hemorrhage, and die", Jeremy said grimly.

"The only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment", Jenna complained, "Who walks into a knife they're holding?". Sasha looks at Elena with a guilty look.

"It happens Jenna", Sasha tried to console her, not wanting Jenna to feel bad about something she had no control over. She just wished they could tell her the truth.

The three siblings made their way to the kitchen. "So what are we going to do?", Jeremy asked while Elena and Sasha put groceries away.

"Make lunch", Elena said nonchalantly.

"I think he means what are we going to do about Katherine?", Sasha fills in the blanks after looking at her brother's face. She didn't like the idea of vengeance or hurting anyone for that matter, but Katherine had messed with her family, so if she got what she deserved, well that would just be karma.