01

The Vampire Diaries 

The Vampire Diaries 

S3 Ep1

Sasha watches as the sun rises above the horizon. This has become a ritual of sorts, not a voluntary one, but a ritual nonetheless. Ever since the sacrifice and Stefan leaving sleep had been alluding Sasha. She normally would wake up before the sun rose and would just lie in bed looking out her window. Sasha was trying to move on with her life but it was harder than she had expected. A lot. 

Sighing, Sasha got out from under her covers and got dressed for the day ahead. Today was Elena's birthday and even though her sister had refused a party, Caroline still planned one for her. Not that she expected anything less from the Forbes girl. Sasha's phone rang and it was a text message from Charlotte. 

"Your brother is late. Again", it read. Charlotte and Jeremy had started helping out at the Grill when the summer started. Charlotte to spend more time with Matt and for her college applications. And Jeremy for some extra money and to get his mind off of life. Sasha walks into her brother's room without knocking and opens his curtains.

"Early. Bad", Jeremy groans, trying to cover his eyes from the sunlight. 

"It's not early", Sasha rolls her eyes before grabbing the covers off of him, "You're late. Charlotte just texted me". 

Jeremy quickly checks his phone and groans again. "Well, maybe he'll fire me".

Sasha laughs, "Aim high", before turning back around and leaving his room. 

As she's leaving his room her phone starts ringing again. "Is our employee of the month gracing us with his presence anytime soon?", Charlotte asks with a mocking tone.

"Haha", Sasha dryly laughs, "Aren't you supposed to be working?".

"Please, I'm dating the manager".

"Great to see that the Grill runs on favoritism". 

Charlotte laughs on the other side of the line. "Always. So you ready for this party?".

Sasha can hear Charlotte's inquisitory tone. "Yes. Why wouldn't I be?".

"Oh, I don't know", Charlotte replies sarcastically, "Maybe because you told Damon that you loved him, before kissing him, with the expectation that he was going to die soon. But he didn't. So, even though you spent the summer together, neither of you has mentioned that". 

Sasha makes a face at her friend's directness. But what she said was true. After Sasha learned that Stefan had gone missing her, Damon, and Ric had been tracking Stefan and Klaus all summer. They mostly had just found the bodies of the people they had attacked, which is why they were keeping it all from Elena. They wanted to make sure that Stefan was still with them before getting her sister's hopes up. "We don't need to talk about it. I said what I said. It's done", Sasha brushes it off.