Chapter 60 - 2019.2.20

"Long time no see."

The woman in the hospital room sat on a chair by the bed and was not surprised to see Huo Wan come in from outside. Instead, she greeted her with a gentle smile as if they were old friends who hadn't seen each other in a long time.

It was as if they had already expected to meet each other in this place.

The atmosphere in the hospital room became somewhat subtle in that moment.

Unlike the calm and natural demeanor of the woman, Huo Wan expressed her surprise with her facial expression.

Could she not be surprised?

Who could have imagined that they would meet their ex-girlfriend in this situation? And she had just been thinking about whether she would run into her while she was back in London.

Life is like a drama, whatever you think will come to pass.

"Why isn't Dr. Huo going in yet?"

The girl's parents asked from outside, and Huo Wan paused in the doorway, momentarily forgetting that there was someone behind her.

It was only after being reminded by that voice that she snapped out of her shock and continued walking towards the hospital room.

The hospital rooms are all the same, decorated with white cold tones, giving a sense of inexplicable chill as soon as you walk in.

Whether in China or abroad, they are very similar in this regard.

However, due to the high cost of treatment, people rarely go to hospitals abroad, let alone be hospitalized.

So sometimes Huo Wan misses working here a lot. Compared to working in China, it is simply night and day. Of course, the workload is the main difference.

The little girl stared at Huo Wan with her big round eyes without blinking, apparently recognizing the older sister she used to be close with.

But because she had an oxygen mask over her mouth, her words were barely audible, and Huo Wan didn't hear her.

Seeing this scene was heartbreaking. A young and vibrant life at such a good age should be living freely under the blue sky and running on the earth. But now her body was covered in tubes, and she couldn't even breathe freely. What kind of tragedy is this?

Even though she was used to seeing life and death, she couldn't help but feel sorrowful.

However, the little girl on the bed didn't seem to want the doctor in front of her to be sad for her.

She bent her clear eyes and tried to make a sound from her throat to let Huo Wan hear her.

This time Huo Wan heard her and walked over to the bed, squatting down and looking up at the person on the bed.

The faint voice entered her ears, not as bad as she had imagined, and the girl's tone was still cheerful.

"Sister Huo is even more beautiful now."

The little girl said as if they were not in the hospital but on the road by chance.

As if she wasn't a patient. And she wasn't the one whose life was in danger.

Hearing this, Huo Wan's nose tingled, and tears almost fell. Despite her age, she could still get teary-eyed in certain environments and situations.

"Yes, I think Sister Huo is much more beautiful too."

Sara chuckled and agreed with the little patient's words, then turned her head to look at Huo Wan, which was also a compliment.

She communicated with the little girl in a normal tone, as if she was not facing a patient but a healthy person.