Chapter 38 - 2019.2.9

Originally, she was so angry that she felt chest tightness and a headache, and she was also worried that Lin Dang would ignore her after seeing the message.

For a moment, she felt that she was so insignificant, but what could she do?

As the one who fell in love first, she was destined to be in the passive position.

Maybe she owed Lin Dang millions in her past life, so she had to go through all this in this life.

She was thinking about some things in her head, but the security guard in front of her was uncompromising and insisted that there was no one above who could allow her to enter.

However, when her phone screen lit up and she saw the newly arrived message, somehow the breath that was stuck in her chest dissipated on its own.

She was actually amused.

Sometimes she thought Lin Dang was quite cute. Knowing that she couldn't hide today, she simply sent her to buy a boxed lunch across the street.

Huo Wan entrusted her rose to the unyielding security guard and walked out of the building towards the fast food restaurant on the opposite side of the street.

This road was originally a commercial street, and there were rarely any vehicles passing through it at night. The stores usually closed at the latest at twelve o'clock. There was definitely no 24-hour operation.

Huo Wan walked into the restaurant after crossing the wide asphalt road. The boss was sitting behind the cash register watching TV shows and looking after the shop.

Two scattered customers were sitting at a table in the corner, eating quietly with their heads down.

"What do you want to eat?"

The boss quickly pointed twice on the screen after seeing Huo Wan come in, paused and then got up to ask, holding a plastic-wrapped menu ready to hand it to Huo Wan for her to browse.

The menu was faintly stained with oil under the reflection of the light, but Huo Wan stopped the boss from handing over the menu and directly ordered a beef rice to go.

Then she remembered the last sentence in the message, "Add more beef," so she added, "Double the beef."

"Beef rice to go, double the beef!" After shouting to the kitchen, the boss continued to enjoy the TV show behind the counter.

When Huo Wan returned to the building, the security guard did not stop her like before.

During Huo Wan's absence, the guard received a call from Lin Dang and naturally let her through.

Huo Wan entered the elevator with a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a fragrant, freshly cooked beef rice in the other.

Originally, she had planned on how to condemn Lin Dang's behavior today and even prepared herself emotionally for it. But when she finally pushed open the office door and saw her walking towards her with a bright look in her eyes, Huo Wan felt like she couldn't get angry anymore.

However, her relief lasted less than three seconds. She thought Lin Dang was going to hug her when she walked up to her, but instead she stopped half a step away and slightly bent down to take the beef rice from her left hand.

She then gave a perfunctory "thank you."

Huo Wan: ??

Was she trying to drive her crazy today?

The air was filled with the aroma of beef rice, and Lin Dang felt her stomach loudly protesting. It wasn't until she put the lunch box on the coffee table that she realized Huo Wan was still standing there, looking stunned.