Ch. 18 Smudge, My Daughter

(Smudge's birthday is the 27th of may)

"Juju!" Clover said as she got on Julie's bed. Julie smiled at her baby sister. "Hiya, sweet pea, what is it?"

"Can you play with me on your Nintendo switch?" Julie smiled at her sister. Of course, honey. Let's play together!" "Yay!"

Moon then woke up. Another dream of her baby sister. Moon sighs and heads to the kitchen to get something to drink. Specifically, hot chocolate.

Moon entered the kitchen and started making the hot chocolate. She then heard the tinkering of glass. She turned around and saw Smudge trying to reach a cup using her tendrils.

"Hello, deary. Do you need some help?" Moon asked her daughter. Smudge hesitated, but then nodded. "Yes please." Moon smiled and used her tendrils to grab a cup and closed it. She then handed the cup to Smudge.

"Here ya go, hunbun." Moon said, smiling. Smudge gave a small smile back. "Would you like some hot chocolate with me?" Moon asked Smudge. Smudge nodded. Moon gave smudge a smile.

"OK, deary! I'll go make us some hot chocolate."

Moon turns on the stove and starts making some hot chocolate with Marshmallows. She tells smudge to stay away from the hot stove so she Won't get hurt.

Soon enough, the drinks are ready. Moon pours some hot chocolate for smudge, making sure its not too hot for her, then pours some hot chocolate for herself.

"Here you are, hun, I made sure it's not that hot, so it's probably like melted chocolate ice cream." Smudge perks up at this and immediately drinks. Moon smiles and starts drinking her own hot chocolate.

Smudge felt nervous. She was grateful to Mother for adopting her, but was she gonna treat her like father did? She decided to ask.

"Are...you gonna treat me like father treated me?" Smudge asked.

Moon blinked.

"Dear, of course I won't treat you like nightmare did. Nightmare is a big old jerk, and he treated you as if you were poison-"

Smudge flinched at the word poison.

"But your not." Smudge's eyesockets widen.

Moon looks at Smudge with a smile on her face. "Sure, your sassy, a bit mean, but your also lonely and need help. It's Nightmare's fault that you think that your bad, but you're not that bad at all."

Moon opens her arms, offering a hug. Smudge hesitated, but then hugs her.

"You are a blessing from the deities themselves. And for that, I am grateful to have you. You were very brave for dealing with Nightmare's torture. You're a brave girl, smudge,"

Those were the words that smudge wished to hear from her father, that praise. And now, she has it.

"Also dear, I'll let you see your friends anytime, okay?"

"Thank you mother!"

"You're so silly, Smudge, you know you can call me Mom or Mama, right? Mother is too formal, hun."

"OK, Mum!" "That's better!"