69

"He is trying to kill me..."

I thought as I bowed and thanked for my meal before rising from the table and bowing towards the chef who began laughing as the jolly man he was.

The amount of embarrassment Kyojuro caused was literally getting the best of me. I was quite glad my hair was long enough to cover my cheeks as they were growing hotter and hotter from his very words-it was the second time he mentioned children and mother qualities. My heart was pounding in my chest as the thought of us having a kid together and even copulation with-AH!

"Oh, Y/N, here is the list of things you need to get tonight," the chef mentioned as he handed the list over to me.

I looked over the list noticing the ingredients:

"Thinly sliced beef
Shiitake mushrooms
Enoki mushrooms
Napa cabbage
Carrots
Green onions
Tofu
Udon noodles
Eggs
Soy sauce
Mirin
Sake
Sugar
Dashi stock...he was making Sukiyaki?"

"Oh, an get a couple of sweet potatoes please," the chef added which seemed to get a more upbeat and loud -

"UMAI!"

Daisuke, the chef, and I both turned our attention toward the Flame Hashira as he took his last bit and bowed respectively thanking the meal and soon turning his attention towards us.

"We know how much you love shochu..." the chef teased while grabbing on my cheeks causing me to grunt out of annoyance but it occurred that if he made the drink and then served it...I drank it...I could be -similar to the way I-

"No!" I yelled lightly pushing his hand away from my cheek while turning my head away from him-"I don't want it."

Daisuke soon looked towards me with a smug grin on his face knowing exactly why I didn't want to drink.

"Are you okay?!" The chef asked throwing down his spoon and checking my temperature around my forehead and then the sides of my neck, "you! En bashira! What have you done to her?!"

The chef quickly reached to pulling out a large butcher cleave causing Daisuke and myself to react in holding him back from a very confused Kyojuro. He was trying to make sense of what was happening.  His brows furrowed and his lips parted, as if he was about to ask for clarification-

"Huh?" Rengoku questioned turning his head to the side out of confusion.

"I'm not sick I-I just have to make sure that it doesn't effect my wound,"

"But!"

He began before I covered his mouth and whispered something into his ear causing him to laugh knowing what I said was very true.

"Alright, we will wait until your "wound" has healed!" Laughed causing me to snatch the list out of his hand and walk off not before he yelled, "wait I need to give you the money!"

Yet, he was only met with the soft whooshing sound of the shoji as it glides along its wooden tracks to a close.

Finally with some peace I could use these errands as a time to reflect. The dish he was going to prepare may take some time so I know that I want to make sure to be back in a decent time but maybe I could make time for going to the mountain to meditate.

My thoughts were cut short by the soft pitter patter of feet and turning around I can see the exhaustion etched on Daisuke's face. He's hunched over with his hands resting on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

My eyes narrow as I take in the sight of him struggling to regain composure. Was I really that intuned in my thoughts that he had a hard time catching up to me?

My gaze remains fixed upon him; unwavering and piercing at his figure.

"Do you need me to assist you my lady?" Daisuke asked.

"Depends," I said, "did you complete the tasks given to you?"

"Y-yes," Daisuke said.

"Let's check before she complains," I responded, "In the time I had first resided here and confronted her about her behavior-there has been a sense of peace that has been present."

Daisuke nodded eagerly as he took his place beside me and began following me as we walked through the halls.

The tatami mats underfoot feel soft yet firm against my soles while paper lamps hanging from the ceiling cast a warm glow casting shadows upon everything around them adding a touch of tranquility throughout the entire space alike.

Sliding doors open with a gentle push, revealing each cleaned space within the house- each one more spotless than before. Daisuke really has changed since he became worked under me and seeing the face of the woman who made it her life mission to make his life a living hell filled with shock only bought content that I wouldn't dare to show her.

I guess under Daisuke's new chorus it was hard for her to not get caught up in the moment when surrounded by such beauty that these rooms held when they are cleaned again.

Hearing Daisuke's screech as her presence caused her countenance to change rather rapidly and that familiar scowl to return to her face.

"Y-You couldn't have done this!" she yelled like the banshee she looked like, " Yuki Bashira helped you like she has been for the past year!"

"Given I am unable to use my arm for the next couple weeks and the persistence of the En Bashira of making it impossible to lift anything; I didn't have time to assist Daisuke with his work."

The woman before me was shocked again and soon shifted her attention back to Daisuke who was sheepily scratching the back of his head.

"Should I let your grandmother know that you are once again bullying?" I questioned, "You are dampening her legacy with your poor choice of actions."

"N-No," the woman muttered as she bowed before Daisuke and me begging for forgiveness.

"Then refrain from your behavior and treat him equally, until he chooses to resign," I said.

"Y-Yes Yuki Bashira," she mumbles.

I only looked down at her before tsking at her pitiable form and walking away from her. She would have thought that her actions have consequences and yet she seemed to have trouble breaking from old habits.

Being a great distance, I looked over my shoulder to see Daisuke placing a gentle hand on the woman while smiling slightly.

"Please do not bow, it isn't necessary and I forgive you," Daisuke mentioned, "Let's help one another and make this mansion a hospitable environment where Hashira and Slayers can rely on us for their stay."

I smirked at his kind gesture and behavior and continued walking toward the front of the mansion to put on my shoes.

As I slip my foot into each shoe in turn, carefully adjusting it until it fits just right - feeling warmth spreading outwards from my toes towards the rest of my body alike.

"You really never listen."

My head turned to see Rengoku walking down before kneeling before me to assist with putting on my shoes causing me to blush at his actions.

"R-Rengoku...?"I questioned as I blushed profusely at his actions he looked up at me and smiled at my face.

The air around them seems to crackle with electricity as we share this intimate moment, our eyes locked together and hearts beating in unison...

Icy Flames- Rengoku Kyojuro-Demon Slayer/ Kimetsu no YaibaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara