18

Since that mission one year ago, I couldn't stop thinking about Kyojuro Rengoku. He surely left an impression on me. From that golden mane with red tips framing this handsome face to his flaming orbs along with the memories of how his flames seemed to envelop him---were filling me with foreign feelings I had never felt before...it felt warm and soothing similar to the feelings I had when my parents were alive...but very much different.

These feelings had permeated my body and soul in a way that is so invasive yet so beautiful in a way I had never thought possible.

I raised my hand to my chest feeling my quicken beating pulse, something that came about after seeing him in action.

It was trivial how my emotions were a reck when I trained from a young age to not allow them to play a role in clouding my judgment and yet these emotions of mine are fleeting, ever-changing, incredibly unpredictable, and extremely unstable when my mind crosses on the thought of Rengoku Kyojuro.

Thinking about him it was like gravity has vanished, it didn't exist here.

I shook my head slightly to get him out of my mind and to focus on the present.

"Ah...why is she so beautiful..."

I have been getting a lot of that frequently from the men and women in the area.

"The Kuraokami seems cold, but makes it her sworn duty to keep us safe, warm, and prosperous. Beautiful long braided calcite-white hair behind her back, and on the right side of her head has attached a hairpin with crystal snowflake resembling morning icicles and a fan-shaped piece that reached down to her waist. Her amber tone eyes glowing— in a way that made it more exquisite and beautiful," one person boasted.

As this place grew, so did its economy so much so it was tied with Asakusa, Tokyo.

Many new residents reside here growing the economy.  Self-discipline, tight family bonds, the intense sense of group responsibility are all traditional values that brought about a higher sense of duty to the village which made possible the collective effort to modernize and grow. Also, through a sense of their own superiority, the villagers were supposedly able to detect Western superiority, and thus they learned everything they could from the Europeans and Americans to upgrade their village to what it is today.

 Also, through a sense of their own superiority, the villagers were supposedly able to detect Western superiority, and thus they learned everything they could from the Europeans and Americans to upgrade their village to what it is today

And as the economy again so did my reputation in both a good way and bad way. More demons were making their way north in order to put an end towards me, only to be met with their fate-death. Well, all except two demons, the demon who introduced himself as Kokushibo, Upper Moon One, and the Demon King, the first of his kind, the progenitor of all others in existence...Muzan Kitbusuji.

"Indulge my curiosity, why do you want my family's ore?" I asked stoically as I looked at the tall and fairly muscular man in his late twenties with unnaturally pale skin staring at me with his sharp, almond-shaped plum-colored eyes.

"That ore is infused with the blue spider lily."

"Ah...the Blue spider lily, the "mystical flower" with the creamy aquamarine stripe in its center," I said, "Do you hope to obtain its fragments from my blade? Or...was it simply meaning of seeking an audience with me considering that the demons you sent here never return alive?"

Muzan only chuckled at my brazen attitude as he looked before me and instantly appeared before me, his breath tickling my face as his cat-like eyes stared down into my own golden pools.

"You should be lowering your head and crouching before me," Muzan said with a hint of authority from his deep and silky voice.

"Only whores do that."

Muzan chuckled once again as he lifted his fingers. His index finger and thumb were mere millimeters from my face only to meet the ground after being hacked clean off. Muzan for a split second showed a slight case of fright and took a step back. Those nails of his were known to have torn a man's chest like paper.

In an instant, his fingers regenerated. Yet, they were littered with marks around the clean cut the red side of my blade cut-as if they had scarred.

"I do not wish to fight you yet."

But there will be a time when we may have to fight.

"A message! A message!" a crow yelled.

I glanced upwards to see it was one of the regular Kasugai crows considering my crow doesn't report to headquarters and is more of a scout for demons in the area. But it was interesting that a Kasugai crow was around...maybe a demon slayer was near given that slayer corp was now taking interest in this area after Rengoku and I's battle.

"Uzui, Y/N is to report to headquarters immediately!" it yelled.

I drew my eyebrows inwards curious on why headquarters gave a damn about me.

"Uzui, Y/N is to report to headquarters immediately!" it said again, "Uzui, Y/N the Kuraokami of the North, the beauty of the north, Snow-hime, is to report to headquarters!"

I sighed knowing it would be a long journey from here.