39

I stared up at Rengoku, whose face was a mere centimeter away from mine, processing the situation. His legs were at either side of my hips, his hands cornered my head. His eyes were dilated—more dilated than usual, distended as if he was not shocked by mesmerized. His gaze was smoldering down into my molten amber eyes. His breathing seemed to be coming in short somewhat quiet pants. It ticked my skin as our noses brushed against one another. From the corner of my eyes, his strands swarm around my face, brushing against my ear.

His eyes ...were piercing my soul.

"I can tell from those eyes of yours you are hurt...those who act on emotion are the ones that will lose out."

My eyes widen slightly as I quickly maneuvered out position so now I was on top of him.

"Y/N?" Rengoku questioned

I loomed over him, gripping his chin with my fingers, my nails digging in enough to hurt. My next words seem wild, unplanned, wholly unlike the Flame Hashira I'd come to unwillingly analyze.

"Make today your last day that you come here," My chest reverberates against his, the command striking through him like a bolt. I only looked at him with a look of indifference

I didn't care for his answer because I knew what I would do if I did see him. I released him, climbing to my feet with an elegance. I stare down at him, expecting a rebuttal, but he didn't say anything, he just continued to stare at me.

I turned around from him and headed back into the wisteria mansion. The moment I slid the shoji close, I turned and began picking up the pace.

Just like the speed of my feet across the wooden floor, my mind was racing. The heat of my skin enflaming at the proximity of his body to mine, his breath mere nanonmeters. It's really unfair for someone like him be so attractive. It was unfortunate that he was already taken. But if he was...then why didn't he move off of me...why did he stay as long as he did.

The way he eyes looked into my mine-they were intense, seeming to pierce my soul. If it wasn't for the words of that demon that slipped me from my trance, what would have happened...would he have-

If only my kiss wasn't stolen by that demon and Kyojuro was single...maybe I would have loved to relish in the idea of Kyojuro taking a kiss from me i. But alast, that wasn't the case. That demon did much more than open my eyes towards my new weakness...it took something from me that I won't ever be able to give away-my first kiss.

As my hand touched the shoji, the sound of the shoji opening and footsteps entering the mansion echoed. I turned my head towards the noise to see Rengoku looking directly at me. His expression was his stereotypical expression-always smiling...it was instead stern and focused.

I slide the shoji open and walked through, closing it behind me. My nails were digging into my skin, my teeth grinning harshly against one another. I was seething with anger and frustration. It was only one simple emotion and it was destroying me!

I lowered my head towards my toes as my hand remained on the shut shoji.

I shouldn't be this affected by him. I should move on...maybe some missions would get my mind off him. Yeah....

"caw!caw!"

I turned my attention towards the window to see the shadow of my Kasugai crow perched on the window frame. I walked across my room towards my bird and slid the door open to see it looking at me.

"How is the north?" I questioned.

"Demon slayers are taking care of everything!" it cawed, "There isn't any sighting of Kokushibo or Kibutsuji."

Hm...they must know that I am not in the region. They also must know I am here but won't act due to the wisteria pollinated in this area.

My amber mauve eyes perched on to the side of my room wondering on what their next move would be. I had been so distracted by my feelings that I had forgotten slightly for a minute about demons.

I reached my arm out for my bird to attach its talons around my sleeve and close the window. "Did anything seem strange on your way to the north and/or back?"

My bird was giving me a pregnant silence. I shot a glance at it, expecting a response, but my bird didn't reply. It just coninuted to turn its head out of confusion.

My amber eyes moved slowly down my birds body to see a small scroll attached to my bird's foot. I pulled the scroll off its feet and opened it.

My eyes widen as I scrolled over the characters painted on it. Everything felt as if it was on pause as if my brain was trying to make new connections but couldn't. It was as if the phenomenon of worst fears came alive.

This letter...indicated the the death of the Kamado family by the hands of Muzan with only Tanjiro and Nezuko as survivors and the unforunate case of Nezuko becoming a demon.