6

Prior to leaving, Tanjuro gave me the nichirin blade and told me about the ore being potentially modified into a nichirin blade of its own. It would make carrying it much easier. It also made surviving much more important.

With that, I left the Kamado residence. Kori understood that he couldn't come with me and stayed behind and from the looks of it he warmed up even more and allowed the youngest children to ride on his back as Tanjiro lugged him along on his coal runs.

As I walked towards the mountain, it didn't take long for me to fall into a sort of routine. I would sleep until just after dusk and pick up my journey again and keep going until dawn. Changing my sleeping routine would make my patterns much easier to adjust to when I was taking the test.

Two days flew by and luckily I didn't have any encounters with demons. As I got closer and closer to the mountain, the scent of wisteria filled my nose. As I took my final step and looked up, my golden hue locked with the pink-coated mountain.

As I walked through the wisteria. Here the Wisteria cascaded sweet blooms of lavender like snow. It was all over the place ...which was weird considering it was supposed to be out of season.

I walked up the stairs. Step by step I was getting to the gate. At the final step, I looked up and noticed the number of people here. It was a lot of people.

"Good evening,"

I turned my head and noticed a fair woman with pale skin and large, lavender eyes, and short eyebrows

"We thank you for coming here tonight to the Demon Slayer Corps final selection"

My eyes scanned the area observing the other participants when my eyes landed on a rather peculiar person that was about my age. He was quite eager to be here as a matter of fact...he had an air of great optimism about him, having an enthusiastic smile plastered on his face...who would be happy to possibly die?

He was a young adult of tall stature and athletic build. He had long bright yellow hair with red streaks akin to flames along with two shoulder-length bangs and two chin-length bangs on the side of his head, black forked eyebrows, and golden eyes that fade to red with white pupils.

" Here on Mt. Fujikasane, there are several demons here. The final selection will take place, further in this area, there are no more wisteria trees where demons who are trapped inside this mountain lurks around. The demons beyond this point are very hungry," The woman explained, "In order to complete Final selection, you must survive for seven days to pass Final Selection beyond the wisteria's protection. Now, your trial will begin."

Soon people began charging in along with that boy. I simply walked. There was no time rushing into this given that I had seven days to survive.

Not even 5 feet and I felt fingertips graze the material of my yukata. I whipped around. My hand wrapping around the threat's neck before they could even register that they had touched him. I held the being at arm's length and looked in its eye to notice it was a demon. Quite brazen at that.

"What the hell you b**tch!"

Before it could say anymore, I had stabbed my sword through its chest and quickly turned around once I had let go of my hold and pulled my sword out. Before the demon could register anything, its head was off its body and it turned to ashes.

I could sense the other weaker demons in the area and I could smell their fear...they were frightened to even come out.

There was no need in looking for them if they weren't reacting. I  calmly walked into the forest passing through the dense trees. The deeper I got into the forest, the more I can feel the strong presence of hunger and bloodlust in the air.

"The sun will come soon..." I mumbled as I took a seat near the trunk of the tree with one of my knees up and my sword by my side.

The sun rays came as nature's easel, giving brilliant color to what was hidden even under the passing starlit night. It was sad that for the next seven days I wouldn't be able to enjoy it rays and warmth but it did act as my protector against my true enemies.

Only 6 more days.