58

Upon the rise of the sun, the forest is so snow-white. It has a pristine aura that begs of the soul to stop for a moment and let the sight enter my soul.

The air was crisp and cold and yet, the site brought warmth into my core. I was home, I was away from everything and I could begin clearing my mind. Consistently cold winter temperatures, combined with regular snowfall, made this place a paradise.

"Kuraokami?"

I turned my attention toward the voice to see a young villager with his child in his hand. I smiled and nodded as a smile spanned across their face.

"Kuraokami!"

My head turned to see a small toddler with their mother in hand.

"Kuraokami!"

One by one everyone who noticed me began to call out the same thing, as the entire crowd joins in with the chanting. As I passed by, A crowd began to step closer and they continue to call to me.

I felt something off brush itself against my neck to see it was my crow brushing himself against me.

"Fly." My crow rose itself up from his resting position towards the sky, as my crow turned towards me, the crow's head tilted.

"You are safe here." I assured.

The bird squawked, before taking flight in the sky above. I watched my crow for a second. That bird rarely flew just to fly; it was understandable given the trauma the other crows gave my crow.

I soon walked deep into the now large crowd of villagers.

"Please, Kuraokami allow me to carry you!"

"I-it is fi-"

Before I could finish, I lifted up above the crowd, and sat on two strong men's shoulders as the crowd reaches me. They spin slowly and the crowd forms rings around me. I only smiled and the crowd tightened into a spiral of adulation. My crow soared overhead while cawing loudly.

"And for the first time since my return, the night came alive with the music of people enjoying life as they welcomed me back with open arms...it was a night where there wasn't a single demon in sight..."

3 months

Sight, taste, feels...our brain is a powerful machine, arguably the most powerful machine ever created. It's super complex and totally organic. This physical machine gives rise to a host of cognitive abilities that lead to humans being conscious, imaginative, perceptive, thoughtful, and adjudicative, along with the capabilities of speaking and memorizing.

Here, I sat perched up on the base of Mt.Yotei with my legs crossed over and my eyes closed, meditating on the events that had occurred since I had left headquarters.

Taking a deep breath felt refreshing. It was like a breath of fresh air as I did when I returned back to the lands that made me who I was. The locals welcomed me back with open arms and requested I tell them countless stories.

Furthermore, from what I was told by Master, well based on the crows master sends, was that he never told the Hashira about my visit and only told them that my mission was complete and successful and that I was safe. From the lack of information, Rengoku had become more persistent in getting answers from the master about my whereabouts but the master was honoring my request by not allowing the other Hashiras to know anything about my whereabouts. Since then, talk about my presence only diminished and Rengoku slowly stopped asking.