40

That sweet lovable girl became a demon...all because of Muzan! Did Muzan know that I was staying at the Kamado's for a while and attacked them out of retaliation! No! That can't be it because I didn't reveal anything about them to anyone-not even Uzui when he wanted to catch up.

My hand combed my hair back from my face as I looked over the letter once again to make sure I wasn't dreaming and sadly it was real.

I want to go back there and check on them...but for Muzan to kill them and not still remain must indicate that he believes that they are all dead. If I go there, he probably will get his suspicions up.

"Did Tomioka give you this letter?" I questioned.

My bird simply nodded.

"Tanjiro must have said something..." I mumbled as I tucked the letter inside my kimono.

"Do you know where Tomioka is?"

"Headquarters!" my bird cawed.

I quickly opened my door charged towards the genkan and quickly put on my high-heeled sandals.

"Ah Y/N, didn't you want breakfast-"

I quickly opened the door and charged out of the mansion with my Kasugai crow flying above in the direction of headquarters.

My chest heaves with desperate breaths as I bolted through the rice paddies, my feet leaving small particles of dust behind. I felt my whole body working; my leg muscles running warm, fresh air entered my lungs and blood flowed into all my limbs.

Before I knew it, I was in the area of headquarters.

"Kuraokami-sama!-Kuro!"

People would shout out trying to get my attention but I didn't stop. My shoes pounded heavily across the ground causing dirt on the road to slash up my leg. I quickened my pace until steps became leaps and before I knew it, I was jumping from building to building.

The wind whipped my hair back from my face as I landed on the tiled roof of headquarters and looked down at Tomioka as he bowed to the person below in front of the master who was accompanied by two of his daughters. His smile was affable as ever towards the report.

"It seems that Y/N is here."

I simply jumped down from the roof and glared down at Tomioka as he looked at him, stoic as ever.

"Welcome, my child," Oyakata-sama greeted warmly.

I turned around and bowed towards him and soon turned my attention towards Tomioka to look down at him.

"Where are they?" The usual calm impassivity in my face had not extended to my hands

"They are safe," Tomioka answered as his solemn eyes bore into mine for a moment before turning his attention forward, "Though she turned, she never attacked me or Tanjiro. My master is watching her right now and has requested permission to allow this to happen. In this case, something happens and Nezuko attacks a human, Kamado Tanjiro, Urokodaki Sakonji, you and I will atone by slicing open our stomachs."

I sighed. I was relieved at the fact that they were alive and well but this was quite the gamble. They couldn't prove she wouldn't attack a human. As much as I would like to go to them and check on them, it would bring more danger towards them considering Muzan was possibly tracking me.

I turned my head to the side and tsked. I allowed my head to be clouded and distracted by unrequited feelings that I failed to pay attention to.

My fist clenched in anger.

"For now," the master resumed, "this will remain a secret between us here until it is time to tell the other Hashira. Since you are here now, Y/N, I have a mission for you that may take 6 months to complete given the abundance of demons that roam that area and your legacy keeping the demons in the northern region at bay aside from this incident, can probably distract Kibutsuji a bit."

I instantly kneeled and bowed. The unspoken authority this man held was astounding.

"Understood." I muttered, "When should I leave?"

"After tonight's festivities," Oyakata-sama said smiling down at me, "After all, all the Hashira are required to attend."

"Festivities?"