41

In a time of carnage and bloodshed, instead of collectively resenting the lives lost and how our survival has been limited by the predators around us, individuals instead unify together and worship the demon slayers in these parts.

Lanterns decorated the prosperous city, colored orange, pink, green along the streets to pay homage to the festivities of the summer season and its beauty. Each tea house and corner shop brings its bakes its best selections, which didn't stray too far from Kakigori, shaving ice flavored with various sweeteners, including colorful fruit-flavored syrups and condensed milk, refreshing summer treat melts as quick as the heat comes.

It's a time when stalls litter every corner of the area near headquarters, and where musicians display their talent to the joyous masses.

The harmony of instruments filled the town from the direction of the estate, giving the already festive town an even more joyous atmosphere. Laughter filled the air as people walked by, purchasing from the stalls who went the extra mile.

All of this was taking place underneath the moonlit night with no wisteria trees in sight.

Men, women, and children of redd, pink, purple, blue as their yukatas were decorated with morning glories, sakura petals, wisteria vines, and stormy waves.

Walking through the festival was interesting, to say the least. The smell of foods; savory and warm, invited me to join the fun. The lights decorating the stalls glowed orange like flames. It was joyful to say the least but my mind was clouded.

All I can think about where about Tanjiro and Nezuko. The last time I remember getting a letter from them was when Tanjuro had passed away...and now they were the only two left in the family.

I was supposed to be fascinated and overwhelmed by the food but I couldn't even focus on that.

"Ahhhh! Y/N! Yooohoooo!!!!"

I instantly glared at the tree in front of me not paying any attention to the person who called me.

I turned away from the person and proceeded to walk away from the individual but he only swung those muscular arms of his around my neck and brought me close to his body.

"Y/N don't walk away from me," Uzui taunted, "I know I am too flamboyant for you to handle."

"If only looks killed, "I said very casually while glancing upwards towards him with a smirk.

"Where is your yukata?" Uzui asked, "You look so unflamboyant right now."

"I forgot the memo," I sad passively

"Oi, Uzui! You are so fast!" someone shouted boisterously after him.

My eyes widen as my head whipped behind Uzui to see Rengoku running to catch up to him. I tried to leave Uzui's grasp but he wasn't letting loose. He was holding me in place, preventing me from leaving.

"Release me," I said as my gaze pierces his but he only held that sly look and smirked. He was going against my wishes, as he always did!

My hand touches the hilt of my blade as I slowly draw it-

"Don't cause a scene because you accept your emotion," Uzui teased.  A smirk plastered on his, what he deemed, handsome face

Rengoku's face faltered, and he raised a brow in confusion at the situation but soon his set of red, golden-rimmed eyes focused on me. He looked stunning the deep red yukata  with a chocolate brown yukata underneath that faded into a yellow with flame prints. His hair remained the same as it always did.

"Y/N!" Rengoku exclaimed delightfully towards me.

I turned my head from him and focused my attention elsewhere...not on him. Even though I didn't give him the time of day, I could feel him looking at me so intently.