48

I only blushed, even more, when he said those words. His gaze was unwavering as his eyes just boreholes into mine. 

"W-we shouldn't waste any time, I do plan on reaching Akihabara before nightfall," I murmured.

"Alright!" Humming his approval as he slowly removed his arms from around my waist and took his place by my side intertwining his hands within mine, "I want to take you to this great noodle shop before you leave!"

I couldn't really say anything given the fact that he was holding my hand which was leaving me in a blushing mess, the sort of pink that brings champagne roses to the imagination mess.

"Y/N! You can't hold hands with him, what will the town think when you go with him," Uzui whined in an overdramatic tone, "To cheat on the God of Festivals and Flashiness, the unflamboyance of it all."

"Let's go, Kyojuro," I muttered quietly while pulling him, "He is burning my brain cells."

"F-first name!"Mitsuri squealed while holding back from excitement.

"A-A-AHHHHHHH!" Uzui screamed, "You shut up! Snow Queen!"

The silence that descends upon Uzui was nearly as thick as the poison had been, and he suddenly eager - almost desperate - to break it. My fingers were unlaced with Rengoku's. The other Hashira backed away from both Uzui and myself. I turned my attention towards Uzui as he got into a defensive stance causing me to smirk and pulled out a small flask and took a small sip. 

"Oi! You idiots we are still in the master's mansion!" Sanemi warned harshly.

"How about a little warm-up, eh-Ninja Art-"

I quickly charged at Uzui, leaving a large gust of wind in my wake. Uzui moved by jumping up in the air. As quickly as he launched himself up in the air, I converted my total concentration breathing along with the liquor in my out and expelled a sea of flames from my mouth. 

"Are you fucking delusional!" Sanemi yelled.

When I ceased my attack, I glanced to see Uzui rapidly patting away the flames from his clothes. The area was unscathed by the flames. I only looked at Uzui and smirked as my silvery hair spilled over my shoulders, and the subtle tightening of my lips as he glares back and turns his head away in a type of pout.

"You should be worshiping and praising me! Not trying to burn me to a crisp!" Uzui faked cried causing me to just roll my eyes and walk past the other Hashira and towards the gates with Rengoku laughing at the situation and following, "Y/N! I want a divorce!"

"Gladly, you have slightly too many wives anyway," I stated with a tone of superiority.

"You shouldn't be agreeing so easily!" Uzui yelled, "Come back here!"

I simply walked through the gates only to feel a large, calloused hand intertwined with mine again. I glanced to see those fiery eyes shining brighter than any stars and burning with happiness.

To think I was trying to run away from my feelings for him...that he was actually chasing his feelings for me. Funny how at first I was super cold to him and I tried to push him away he only pushed back turning our weird relationship into something more. It was something about that night he and I were to get rid of a demon...after he delivered his first form...His demeanor was so exuberant and bright that gave off a warmth I couldn't help fall for.

Walking through these streets was validating it. There's gossip in the town. That's nothing unexpected, the days were not only filled with vendors selling but those trying to pass time as idle chatter makes the time pass a little quicker.