"I'm feeling excited. . . Just that I'm going to miss Mum and the others."

"I understand kiddo, but look forward to the journey ahead of us." Father did his best to cheer me up. I wouldn't confidently say that it was working, but I was glad to know that he would always be there for me.

For the first time in my life, I was truly separated from my mother. I didn't know how to feel or act. It just felt too strange to me. She was always there for me when I needed her. Now that she was gone who knows what would happen?

Perhaps it could be a chance for me to learn and develop as a person. Grow some independence so I didn't always have to rely on my mother the entire time. So it was a blessing in disguise.

A blessing in disguise that could possibly give me a chance to spend more time with my Father. I had barely spent time with my Father because of me always around my Mother all the time.

But now it could be a chance given to me that I could perhaps connect with him more. I knew that my Father was glad to see me with my mother, but I never thought about spending more time with him.

"What about your father? Are you excited?" I didn't even need to know the answer for it was pretty obvious that it was.

"I am." He simply said. He looked back over his shoulder once more. "I also think it's time that I'll tell you more about my younger self before we arrive. It might be boring so hopefully you don't sleep."

Boring was quite the opposite. Father spoke about everything I needed to know about his younger self in such clear and vivid detail that I wanted to learn more about him as a person.

He had so many hidden secrets to him that still needed to be unfolded. His relationship with his Father was one of the main talks that he was currently having with me. He told me that he had not spoken since he was young.

The more I learnt about him the more I realised how sad of a childhood he truly had. How could someone like my father who had suffered so much in such little time, still have that foolish smile of his that he was always wearing? He never seemed to amaze me.

Father had been forgotten by his own people, outcasted to leave The Kingdom of Spain. And now that he was going back to his homeland I knew that he would secretly be happy.

The carriage stopped. Father looked at him with a grin, saying two simple words to me.

"We're here."

(Aerilyn's POV)
"Aerilyn, it's always good to see you here, but what exactly brings you here?" Rina placed a cup of water on the table which I had gratefully accepted taking a sip of the water.

"I wanted to talk to you about. . ."

"Liam right?" Rina had interrupted my train of thought. As I nodded my head telling her that she was correct in her statement.

"What do you think about him?"

Rina stood up pouring some more water without looking back at me as she spoke her honest thoughts. "Your boy is a lovely kid. I love spending time with him, even if he can be sometimes like Gabriel even if he doesn't realise it." She looked back at me with a smile, but the tone of her face soon dropped to a level of seriousness that I had been waiting for her to look like the whole time during our conversation.

"He destined for greatness. . . Whether it's good or bad, I have no idea. But I do know one thing. The people he has around him will be a vital factor in deciding that fate of his."

I didn't have to ask how she knew that much for she was a diviner. A person who could get bits of pieces, fragments of one future if she wanted to. The drawback of it was old age, but luckily we elves could live up to an extremely long age.

But when I look at Rina, I just wonder how many more times she has in her, to use that ability before she gets too old.

"Aerilyn have you ever used your ability yet to look into Liam's future just like I did." She asked sitting in front of me.

I shook my head in response. I had never used my powers as a diviner once, but I had always been tempted to use them on Liam to see how his future would turn out. It was obvious that Liam was no ordinary child he was gifted in the way of using magic.

But I had always restrained myself from ever using the powers of a diviner as I wanted to spend as much time as possible with everyone here that I cared about. Especially Gabriel and Liam.

However there was also another reason why I never used it. My mother died because of it. She was one of the strongest people I had known in soul and body. But once she had started using it for the sake of protecting my father she never stopped.

She was always too worried for his safety and that was her downfall in life. I didn't want to die the way that my mother had. I didn't want my family to see her in a state that reminded me of my mother.

When she did it was the worst feeling that I had ever truly felt in my entire life. Something that I would never want to experience again.

But was I being a hypocrite? Was I being selfish? I had come to the realisation that I had known that Rina would use her abilities to look at Liam's future. I could have stopped her and used it as well.

I was so young compared to Rina that it wouldn't have hurt to use it but I just couldn't. I couldn't do it to myself.

"You don't need to use it Aerilyn, you never needed to use it in the first place. You've always been one of the most smartest and intuitive people I know."

"You miss them don't you." She asked sincerely.

"I do."

It had only been a couple of days since their departure but I couldn't help but feel that something was missing in my heart. Well, I knew exactly what it was.

I had never been separated from Liam before. He has always been by my side since young. Now that he was no longer here with me, I hadn't felt this sad in a while. It took days for it to sink in about his departure.

But I couldn't be more proud of him. He was doing something that he wanted to do. Not because we asked or suggested him to do, but because he had made up his mind and doing something we did not influence.

It was something beautiful to see. Maybe it was that motherly side of me that wanted him to do something for himself rather than doing it for others. All I knew was as a Mother, I would wait. Wait for Gabriel and Liam to come back and tell me their amazing stories and experiences that they would both have together as adventurers.

I just couldn't wait to hear it from them. But all I could do now was live my life to the fullest with them gone, while both Gabriel and Liam were on. . .

Leave.