Notice

(Liam's POV)
I could feel my body getting stronger over the pasting few days. All I've been doing lately was train and train but unlike my past life, I had people who cared for me and enjoyed my company and I enjoyed there's.

While my father taught me how to fight and get real experience in fighting, my body did get better at adapting, but not to the point that I wanted it. I still lacked in some departments.

But with Grandpa solely training my body and mind, my physical and mental capabilities had drastically improved. His training was hard but it was rewarding. It was a different type of hard compared to a father's training. Father's training was hard in the way that I would get a couple of injuries or bruises here and there. Grandpa on the other hand was that of something else.

My body was toned and more defined. Well, better than what the average 4-year-old had at least. Some attacks that I normally couldn't do, I was able to, thanks to the training. My body was able to keep up with some of my actions.

The strengthening of my Mana core had also been done with my grandfather's training. Though the training would last for hours on end. It was very demanding but it was all worth it in the end. It made my attacks much more powerful. It was like an amplifier to my abilities as a mage. Pretty neat if I said so myself.

For my mental training, my grandfather ran various types of situations under which I could be placed. I'll admit it made me uncomfortable about the pressure that was on me, but it defiantly did improve me. It made me get out of my comfort zone a lot more than usual. My Mana Core was entering dark orange but not completely quite there yet.

However, there was a problem with this training. Despite the training helping me a lot with my Mana and my physical and mental body,

The more I trained, the more my Mana core started to hurt. As if it was like a searing pain a knife in my chest digging deeper and deeper. When I was with Grandpa I did my best to hide the pain from him. Whether he noticed or not I had no idea but I didn't want him to worry.

At night whenever I slept that was when true pain got let out. There were some days that I couldn't even sleep due to how much my Mana core was hurting. Hopefully, it would be a phase and it would go away by itself.

Now onto today's training session.

"Alright Liam, I want to see how much my grandson has progressed through combat!" Grandpa gestured for me to get up from the ground.

I stood up distancing myself from him, and I grabbed my wooden sword. He grabbed him as well.

BEGIN!

WHOOSH!

I wasn't going to give any chance to have any sort of breathing space. I was like a vacuum with all the space I was taking up from him. I slashed my swords downwards quicker than I ever had before in my previous duels. All thanks to Grandpa's training.

"You've gotten stronger! Excellent Liam!" Grandpa praised.

The way he moved with the sword was impeccable. It was as if that sword was an extension of his arm. It flowed smoothly and gracefully.

But no one's swordsmanship was better than mine. I was the best at it. In my past life, I was a prodigy at fighting with a sword. I knew my way around a sword. I knew every little detail, skill and trick to be at a better advantage when using a sword. Even the dirty little tricks as well.

I swung the sword at Grandfather with such accuracy and positioning that even he was a bit shocked. I knew I wasn't faster, stronger or more efficient than him when it came to swords because of my age, but I would do my best to execute my moves flawlessly not a mistake in sight. Though no matter how perfectly I struck with my blade, I couldn't make a dent in his ability.