Forget

(Liam's POV)
Chatter consumed the room as all of us were enjoying each other's company. It was good to eat in a family setting once again. I really do miss these kinds of things.

Let's just talk about the food for a second, it was amazing! I heard Mother helped make the food along with the chefs, no wonder it tasted as good as it is. No one can match my mother's cooking skills.

'Papa!' Rae said in excitement savouring all the different kinds of meats.

'You can eat as much as you want Rae.' I chuckled

As the family dinner went on, I couldn't help but have some bothering my mind. I didn't know the right way of saying this to my family, or if there was even a right time to say it as well.

But I knew I just couldn't stop thinking about it and something had to be done.

"I want to be an adventurer."

Just like that. Forks dropped to the plates. Spoons dropped to the plates. All eyes were on me, even Tesisa's eyes but she had no clues as to what was going on.

"Why do you want to be an adventurer, Liam?" Grandfather was the first to speak up.

I then explained to them why I wanted to be an adventurer. It was mainly due to the first mission that I had, that the outside world excited me time and time again. I wanted more of that excitement, I wanted to explore the world and what it has in store for me.

They sat there in silence letting every single word I said sink in as they all had their different thoughts and feelings. And once I was done with my little pitch as to why I wanted to become an adventurer they gave me their answer.

"I'm not quite sure Liam I know you're a strong kid but it's dangerous," Alduin said feeding Tessia some food.

"I agree with Alduin. Humans and Elves don't really mix well with each other, there's always been hostility between one another." Merial added her thoughts.

I looked over to see what Grandfather had to say. A smile curved on his lips. "I say we let the boy explore!" Grandpa gave me a meaningful nod which I returned. I was always grateful for Grandpa to be on my side of things.

Despite all these opinions being thrown out, they wouldn't matter all too much as the opinions that would matter the most were my parents. Mum and Dad. Whatever they said, went.

"I think it'll be a good experience. . . I always remembered when I wanted to be an explorer when I used but I never got to it.  I say yes." Father turned his eyes towards Mother, the most important opinion out of everyone I dare say.

She remained silent for a moment gathering up all her thoughts and feelings, as she turned towards me with a gentle smile.

"Yes. . . But under two conditions." She raised two fingers.

I was ready to hear and meet those said conditions.

"Firstly you can only become an explorer on your 8th birthday." She raised one finger down.

That wasn't too bad. My birthday was coming up soon, so I couldn't wait it wasn't going to be too long which was a good thing.

"Finally, your father will come with you."

Father looked surprised at first that Mother had mentioned him in the conditions, but I could see a glimpse of a small smile on his face that wasn't decently hard to see.

I nodded my head, accepting all the terms and conditions of what I had to do to become an adventurer.

(GABRIEL'S POV)
We didn't have a full look at what Liam had given us. A map of some sort.