Leave

(LIAM'S POV)
Who would've thought that I would be leaving The Kingdom of Elenoir for god knows how long?  In front of me, were all the people who had made me the way I am today. I was glad that these would be the last people I would see before I went out on my journey to be an adventurer.

"Look at my grandson ready for his journey!" Grandpa pulled me into a tight hug.

"By the time I come back, I'll give you a run for your money," I said. Grandpa just snickered breaking the hug.

I gave Meria, and Alduin a hug and little Tessia one as well. I could feel Tessia clinging to my shirt not wanting me to go at all. It was hard for me to see her in this state but I would see her eventually.

Aya came up to me wrapping her arms around me.
"I'm going to miss you." She giggled whispering in my ear. As Aya did the unthinkable something I would have never expected in my wildest dreams, she planted her lips on my cheek just for a second. But for a second all I needed to know was that she had done it.

Stunned and confused I touched my cheek, looking at Aya. I could hear the whistling of my family behind us after witnessing that. I didn't know how to feel at that moment, but it did feel nice.

I looked over to see Alea standing beside Mother. They were the two last people I wanted to say goodbye to before I went.

Before I even got my chance to wrap my mothers in my arms, she had already taken the initiative.
"Be a good boy that I always know you are for mum. . . Please don't get influenced by your father's actions and behaviours." She tried making a joke but her tears just kept rolling down her cheek.

I had never seen my mother cry so much until now. She wanted to stay here at The Kingdom of Elenoir. Even if she wanted to go to The Kingdom of Sapin, elves were looked down upon. By the minute she stepped there she would have to leave.

On the other hand, I was a half-elf and half-human, though I say I look more human than elf, I still did inherit some of my mother's genetics. So for now she would be here with her family.

I didn't need to say a word to Alea, I already knew that she would miss me as well. I smiled at her, showing her the necklace that she had given me and wearing it on my neck. She too did the same showcasing the necklace that she had asked me to put on for her.

With that, I was satisfied as my father and I were ready to finally leave this place for what an adventurer had in store for us.

(TIMESKIP)
We had been travelling for quite a while now. It wasn't anything too special like last time when bandits had shown up out of the blue before we could reach The Kingdom of Elenoir for the first time.

I wasn't too stupid to realise that we had encountered bandits at that time, but I just had to play the part of a 4-year-old kid who had no idea what was going on with his surroundings. I knew that Father had killed those bandits once that day, rightfully so.

We took a couple of breaks on the way here and there setting up a fireplace for ourselves in the woods. It was good that previous missions with the girls had taught us how to survive on our own and have survival skills for ourselves. So it wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be.

From time to time, we saw a couple of people pass by who were most likely a mix of lumberjacks and merchants just trying to do their jobs. They would give a good look or two but they just moved on with their lives like how we were doing with our own. They didn't recognise my Father one bit which was to he expected.

"How are you feeling Liam? Feeling excited? " Father asked mounting the horse and looking at the back of his shoulder while I was in the carriage with Rae.