Unseen

(Liam's POV)
We were close! I just knew it. We had finally arrived at the Forest of Elshire. There was heavy fog to it all, which made it all so hard to travel, however, Father had probably navigated his way. I assumed that he must have been here countless times before to do so.

When we entered the Forest of Elshire I could see Mother's gentle smile once more. I knew though it was just a gentle smile, I could instantly tell that she was really happy to be where she truly belonged. The nostalgia must have been hitting her hard. I just couldn't wait to see what the Kingdom of Elenoir had in store for us.

While it was all so good and exciting, I couldn't help but feel unease about it all. I'm not quite sure why, but it was as if someone had been watching me the whole time. But it must have been my mind playing tricks on me, after all, I couldn't see what was going on outside. I was with Mother inside the carriage.

If father and mother couldn't sense it, then it was probably just my imagination playing again. After all, I was just a 4-year-old kid. I just probably heard things. Yeah heard things, that's all. Nothing more and nothing less.

The day has grown dark, it was time for a pit stop. All of us were outside of the carriage, letting the fire that Mother had made consume around us with such warmth.

"Hey, their kiddo are you up for another spar?" Father flashed a grin at me, while he ate his food.

"Gabriel, isn't it a bit too late to do your shenanigans?" Mother gave out a slight chuckle, to which Father sighed deeply in defeat.

"Come on mum just one sparring match please?" I tugged on Mother's sleeve.

"Yeah! What Liam said please?" Father did the same, we tugged on mothers sleeve together.

Mother looked at the both of us, rubbing her forehead. "Boys will be boys, you guys are so much alike. . . Fine, just this once." Mother smiled.

"Yes!" We both got to the ground, jumping in the air.

"Could you commence the duel for us Mum?" I asked. Mother immediately got up from the ground standing between us, she raised her hand.

"Begin."

(Gabriel's POV)
WHOOSH!

I feel like I've been smiling a lot more lately than usual. Not that I don't mind that is. What a mage Liam was going to be.

Throughout the times I had sparred with him, there was one thing he never did. He never wanted to get the first strike. I would always have to be the one to pressure him into attacking me.

But now, but now it was different. He had thrown the first attack. I was surprised but happy to see this, I saw in the corner of my eye, Aerilyn watching with great interest. Not like she didn't watch with great interest all the time, but she must have noticed what I was noticing.

After all, it was a big deal when it came to sparring. A sparring expert I'd say.

His speed and power were coming along very well. I could even feel the wind that had blown past me with his punch.

It was time to level it up a step. And that he did.

His fist grew fire on them.

Nicely done! But how long could he keep this up?

WHOOSH!

PHOOSH!

SWOOSH!

It seemed that not only did he have fire on his hands, but his movement had also gotten more rapid than ever before. I could still easily dodge and weave his movements, but there was a bit more flair to his movements.