Activate

(Liam's POV)
"Are you both ready?" My grandfather asked both of us. We simply just nodded our heads.

"Good. . . Begin!"

But before I struck my attack, I wanted to have a little chat with her. It would be the only moment I had to chat like this with Aya.

"I didn't see your duel the other day, but I did see the aftermath of it. You took down six other nobles." I said in praise.

A gentle smile had now appeared on Aya's face. "You noticed. . . I'm flattered. Now how about you stop praising me and let's fight." She giggled lightly as she was trying to analyse.

WHOOSH!

She's quick!

Already she had begun throwing punches and kicks at me. We both haven't used a single scent of Mana yet, but her punches and kicks were defiantly strong. To imagine that we'd all be doing this at the age of 4 was unfathomable. They were grown-ups who couldn't even do what we did.

I managed to evade them quite easily if I said so, but that didn't mean she was a threat. She was the biggest threat to them all at the moment. We both continued to size each other up trying to find weak spots that we could utilize and aim there. But no weak spots were to be found, she was good at keeping her guard up while fighting.

"I see you like close combat," I said slapping her jab away from me.

She smirked attempting a side sweep, as I jump back. "Is anything wrong with close combat? After I do like getting close and personal with my opponent. . . all the time" She said.

"Nothing. . . There's nothing wrong with that. . . Just be careful with what you ask for." I smiled, rushing over to her.

The minutes grew long and the both of us hadn't had a single connection. Not a punch or a kick land successfully just yet. I didn't know why entirely but neither of us had activated our Mana core. It was as if we were both waiting for one of us to activate it first.

Fine, I'll submit it to your game Aya. I'll activate my Mana core first.

GUH!

My Mana core was burning up. It was exactly like all the other times but this time it was far worse than before. The moment I activated my Mana core, was the moment when I wanted to turn it off. I guess that break really didn't help at all, and I was basically at a disadvantage anyways, whether or not I liked it. It was a matter of fact.

I would push through it though like all the other time. But that would mean I would need to end this duel quickly if I wanted this pain to go disappear. Whether Aya would be so easy to deal with, was another story.

BANG!

I landed a successful kick to her shin, dropping her to the ground. Now I was going to swing my fist as if it was a hammer to make sure that she would be out for the count.

Why couldn't I move?

Aya got up without a second of hesitation and used her Mana to kick me in the chest, causing me to fly back. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get up my body wouldn't let me get up. It was like my body was doing the exact opposite of what I wanted it to do. My body was fighting against it, it wouldn't listen to me.

I could see in the corner of my eye, Aya walking towards me slowly with a smile.

She must have done this. She must have cast some kind of spell.

"That's my favourite wind spell. It stops the opponent from moving. Makes them fragile just how I like it." She giggled.

Aya was one twisted 4-year-old girl, to be saying those kinds of words.