Potent

AERILYN
Liam. The greatest gift I could have. For he was the cutest and sweetest child that I could ask for. He was the cutest two-year-old with features both inherited from me and Gabriel. So when Liam pleaded to stay up a bit late to read. I just had to. I just had to give in to his demands.

He was sometimes too cute for his good. I wanted Liam to have a normal and good life, but he wasn't entirely ready to explore the Kingdom of Elenoir, just yet. I didn't want him to be teased or discriminated against because he was both human and elf.

Father had been dying to meet him, but I told him simply that he would have to stay put and wait when I believed that we as a family were ready to visit him.  Father grumbled for days on end after hearing this, but he respected our decisions. He chuckled saying that if we didn't visit him we would be hurting the old man's heart.

Classic Father.

Elder brother, on the other hand, thought indifferently. He didn't know how to feel about his nephew but he knew how he felt about me. Our relationship as brother and sister would forever remain strong, for Mother.

May she rest in peace. If only she could've been here to see Liam grow to be a fine young man. I knew she was smiling in the sky.

Instead of exploring my hometown, I would carry Liam and walk not too far away, but far enough that I hoped Liam would be amazed at the scenery of the environment and animals. He was too young to understand but once he was older, I'd hope he would enjoy this.

Liam was in my arms as I walked into a room, that I had never brought Liam into. I placed my hand on the wall chanting a spell, and then the wall began to split, revealing stairs that went down to a basement.

As I walked further down, there it was in all its glory. A library. Not just any library but a library filled with knowledge so vast and difficult, there were some books that even I couldn't understand. Not because it was difficult to read, but because I just wasn't at that level to even comprehend what was going on.

It was all thanks to Gabriel that this library came to fruition through his connections with certain people that he could get an endless amount of books about the theory of Mana. It felt as if the library was infinite and it was never going to end.

Geez, Gabriel went over the top with this, and what was funny, it was all for the little one here. Gabriel hoped that Liam would be stronger than the both of us, though that would be a hard feat, I knew that if he was our son, his potential would be limitless.

Now to find the kids section of the library.

WHOOSH!

'What brings you here today?' My bond stated on my shoulder.

"Owl! Owl!" Liam shouted in delight, trying to reach Fine with his little hands.

Owl? I guess he was half right more like a Phoneix, but that didn't matter at the moment.

'I just need you to show us the directions to the kid's section on Mana. Just some reading for Liam."

'Kid's book?  About time, someone takes a book and reads that section of the library. Don't want the books to be too dusty. But are you sure that kid can understand the kid's books?.' Fine asked.

'There's only one way to find out Fine.'

'I'll lead the way then' Fine flew off my shoulder, directing us to the way the kid's section. Surprisingly, it wasn't as far as I thought it would be.

The kid's section had a lot of books to offer, Gabriel did his magic on this. A couple of picture books on Mana would be enough for reading time. I smiled to myself. I sat on a chair, holding Liam and the book on the table ready to be read out.