Arrival

AN: I'm happy reading over the comments. Makes me think that I'm doing a pretty good job. I like the theories can't say it's the truth or not. Guess you'll have to find out soon enough.

(Aerilyn's POV)
I stepped outside of the carriage, for countless elven guards to be paying their respects to me.

"Princess Aerilyn has arrived!" The guards roared, cheering me on.

"Aerilyn!"

"Father!"

Father came running down to hug me. It was actually a rare scene for Father to ever run unless it was an extremely important matter. I guess this was a pretty important matter.

I forgot how beautiful The Kingdom of Elenoir truly was. It brought me back to my younger days. But of course, there were a few more changes with everything being advanced and all. I haven't been here in quite a long time.

"Why didn't you just ask for some of my guards to pick you up they'd be glad for the arrival of their princess?" Father whispered into my ear.

"I just felt if it was better for the experience and that I could handle things on my own." I smiled.

"She's right you know, girls need to be independent every once and a while." A woman scoffed, pulling on Father's ear.

"Auntie Rina!"

"The one and only!"

I went in to hug her.

"Look at you! Your all so grown up. . . And by the heavens, you're still the most gorgeous elf ever."

I blushed at her compliment, thanking her for her kind words towards me.

"Sister."

I turned over to see my brother, who looked me dead in the eye. I wasn't too sure of what was about to happen next.

"Elder Brother." I gave him a slight bow.

"Don't just stand there." He smirked, opening his arms. I quickly rushed in to give him a hug that felt like an eternity. I really did miss them all.  I took a step back, and I realised there was a woman I had not seen before beside him.

Brother cleared his throat noticing who I was looking at. "This is my wife Merial."

I smiled, as Merial took a hold of my hand, smiling as well. "It is such an honour to meet you in person. Your brother has spoken so much about you."

"So my brother finally has a wife. . . About time." I smiled at my brother, to which he clicked his tongue. I could see Merial covering her mouth in an attempt to not laugh at my remarks

"First a wife, now let me guess are you a king now?" I sarcastically said.

"Actually I am King now," Alduin said proudly with his chest and head held up.

I didn't show it on my face, but I was honestly surprised to hear that. I didn't expect my elder brother to be a king already. And let's just say I didn't think he was ready just quite yet. After all, he did sort of lack the skills to be a strong and powerful king.

I clearly remembered the times that I had dusted him off the floor when it came to sparring.

"Don't give me that look," Alduin added.

I titled my head. "What look?" I asked innocently.

"There you did it again!" He pointed at me. "That look you always give when you look down on me. You think it's but it defiantly isn't. You don't believe I have the capabilities to be a king don't you?"