“You are lying,” Taehyung says. They shrug upon hearing it and just as Taehyung thinks the wind master should be a male. The wind goddess changes to a male. Taehyung scares away wanting to run but was not able to move.

“Why am I here, wherever I am?” He asks.

“We are told to protect you, child. Moon told us you are special.”

They nod and then start talking to each other “Did you see that mark, it has been a while since someone is marked.” 

Taehyung looks at them and chuckles in disbelief. “I am definitely on drugs, this is hilarious...so if I imagine Jeongguk and beat him up here, will it turn out true?”

They turn to him at once and become curious “Who is Jeongguk, chosen child?” 

“He…” Taehyung stops as he suddenly remembers the said person’s cold face and his nose turns sour. He shakes his head.

“No one.” They look at him quietly and then the deity of fauna moves forward and pats his head.

“You can’t stay here for long. You seem to be from Gandok. We were the protectors of that place, we were remembered and respected by your people, and some even prayed to us. We helped them.”

“Then people started neglecting us, they don’t need us anymore.” They tell him. Still talking in sync.

“No…no we …we are lost we always want you with us.” Taehyung looks up at them with wide eyes. “Even if this is a dream and I am hallucinating, this is the truth. We need your blessings.” 

They smile upon hearing him. “You are sent here to be protected, this is not the end for you. You have a long way to go, pass the hurdles, prove your sincerity to us…You are a beautiful creation dear one.”

Taehyung shakes his head. “I am a nobody, just a powerless soul, watching the destruction of Gandok.”

The deities smile “You are the most powerful, your heart has the power. The moon says you have a powerful person by your side, you can do it. Moon waited for you for so long, the blessings of the moon are with you. Even we can’t harm you easily. We will help you give those bad people a scare, but your work has just begun. Prove that the blessings are worth it for you.” 

Taehyung’s eyes close and the voices fade away. He feels like he is being pulled by something. He quivers in the chill air surrounding him, the wet clothes sticking to him again, and hears jumbled instructions.

He opens his eyes in discomfort, he was back to Gandok, back to the dark and dull interrogation room. There were noises on the speaker, he tries to focus and sits up again. The noise becomes louder.

He hears the people observing him shouting in fear “What is that on his forehead?… Has he started breathing again?… Is he fine?…Mr. Kim you are told to not move and cause any trouble.”

Taehyung stares at the glass wall in front and scoffs. “How can I move in this situation?” His throat hurts as he speaks. His lips were dry and his eyes were swollen. The metal on his wrist seems to be cold like ice and tight. He stares at them and then suddenly realizes what has changed as they shout.

“You are an alpha. What is going on here?…where did the mark go?” They ask spooked as the moon on his forehead disappears.

His face becomes pales and he stammers trying to make them listen to him. “Now that you know remove these cuffs.” He was not left with much energy, was very hungry, and wanted to just lie down in peace away from all this for a while.