Nineteen

"He was so mean." Kiri says. Both of the two older Sully girls grab plants from the ground where Tsireya said to find them. She has taught them a lot about the way the Metkayina survive and live using the plant for so many different things.

Even if they are reef people, and surrounded by the water, they are also on an island. It is important to them that they use all of their resources.

Zo'ile nods once and shrugs, showing that she understands. Kiri is completely right, Aonung was mean.

"He was. He wasn't the way he should have been because of things and people in his life," Kiri watches her sister closely as she talks about her partner. Zo's eyes glow and her voice gets higher when she speaks about him. "I told him that we could not be together if he was going to be like that towards anyone."

"I know that he is important to you."

Zo looks up from picking a plant and smiles while rolling her eyes.

Since the party a couple nights ago, Zo has yet again not been able to see Aonung. But it is okay for her right now.

Theyve been able to steal glances, and Zo has been busy with her family which she appreciates. Its been a while since they have been able to be this close. "I know you know, ass."

Kiri giggles. "What if we go home? What happens to you and Aonung then?"

Zo stands up hesitantly, thinking about it. Zo'ile personally doesnt believe they will be going home. If they do it will be a long time until then. Nothing about her reality is even supposed to be happening. She has no idea what life will look like.

She smiles sadly. "Kiri, I have no idea. Everything is a blur right now."

Kiri nods, again. "That it is sister."

"What about you? How have you been?" Zo bends back down, crouching over another section of the patch of herb.

Her head shakes and Kiri looks upset about the question. "Not very well," Zo looks up to her, noticing Kiris discouraged attitude. "Something has been happening for a while, and I cant control it. I dont know what it is."

"What do you mean? What has been happening?" Zo'ile asks, instantly intrigued. What could Kiri mean? Zo wonders if her parents even know about this.

Kiri thinks for a moment, setting all of the things from her full hand into the basket she made. "I can feel Eywa," Zo's gaze falters for a moment with curiosity and an unsettling emotion. "She breathes, and I can feel her, her heartbeat. It feels like she is just there. So close."

"It never affected me this bad. But in the past couple months, its gotten worse. More is happening with Eywa."

Zo takes a deep breath, looking down to the ground as Kiri looks at her. How does someone even take that in?

"No one knows?" She asks, trying to say something. It is huge for someone to be able to feel this with their Eywa.

"Dad knows. So mom probably too."

"Have they done nothing?" Zo looks back up to her sister. Kiri shakes her head.

"What do they do?"

Zo shrugs, and opens her mouth, pausing and Tsireya interrupts them. "Sullys!" She calls, walking across the patch of greens along one of the many beautiful beaches.

"Tsireya!" Zo says back when she turns around to see who it is.

"What are my favorite sisters doing?" Tsireya plops down in the grass. Kiri giggles and sits down across from the two other girls.

"Talking and trying to gather things." Kiri says.

"Not very well, we keep getting distracted." Zo'ile adds on. Tsireya nods and smiles at them.

"I have to come alone or I do that too." Tsireya agrees, grabbing a piece off of one of the short stems. She begins to play with it in her hand.

"Where is Lo'ak?" Kiri asks.

"Wasnt he with you?" Zo asks too, bombarding her with questions.

Tsireya giggles and covers her mouth as her cheeks begin to blush. "He left, he said he was going to go riding."

Kiri nods with a suspecting face. He has to have an alter plan.

"You didnt go with him?" Zo asks. Tsireya shakes her head and points back at her, changing the conversation.

"What about my brother and you?" She teases. Kiri laughs and shoves Zo's knee. Zo is the one blushing now.

"What about us?" She shrugs nonchalantly.

"Where is he? How are you guys?"

"I dont know." Zo mutters under her breath.

"They havent been together since the party. But Zo says they are really good. They were really touchy that night. She hasnt been able to stop talking about him. But she is glad that they have been apart, she thinks its good for them." Zo slaps her sisters leg, making it turn darker after some time.

"Kiri!" She says laughing. Tsireya laughs at them.

"Zo'ile!" She says surprised. "Someone loves my brother."

"Tsireya!" Zo says. Each of them break out in a laugh when they realize theyve all scolded each other.

"Good thing he loves you back!" Tsireya randomly says, bursting out laughing after.

"Oh Eywa!" Zo calls out inbetween laughs. Each of the girls laugh obnoxiously with each other, occasionally saying out of pocket t hings.

"Good thing my brother loves you!" Kiri says to Tsireya next.

"Ah!" The young girl yells.

"Looks like a date is in order." Kiri says once the three of them settle down.

"What would we even do?" Zo instantly doubts.

They sit, picking at the green below them while thinking about what to do.

"We could go to the spirit tree!" Tsireya suggests. She is quickly proud of her idea when the two others faces light up.

"That sounds amazing." Kiri says.

"Where is it?" Zo asks.

Tsireya points up and moves her hand a little bit. "Out there."

The girls follow her hand and instantly get confused. There is no particular place where she points.

"Sounds perfect." Kiri agrees, changing the subject.

"Tonight. I will get everyone on board." Tsireya says, standing up eagerly.

The sisters nod, and stand up as well to talk to their parents.