Four

Aonung didn't much like the Sully family. They were fine, it's just what he told himself.

Out of respect of his father, he listened to Tonowari and helped with teaching their family.

The only one he finds himself considering thinking is fine, is Zo'ile. Her head isnt as big as her brothers. She is quiet, and knows what she wants. There is a connection with the water that she has, only Kiri shares the quality. 

His mind doesn't wander to the bad things he has to say about the Sully family when he is with her. Aonung doesn't even know why it does ever wander. Hes just never been the nicest guy to anyone. 

"Breath in," Tsireya takes  deep breath, guiding the group. "And breathe out. Imagine flickering a flame. You must slow down your heart beat." 

Zo'ile listens closely. Tsireyas voice is so calming to her. 

Tsireya moves her hands to Lo'ak chest, watching as he breathes. "Breathe in." 

Zo watches her brother closely as he begins to panic in his mind. "Breathe from down here, breathe out slowly." 

He eyes look to her, allowing himself to admire her in this closeness. "Lo'ak your heartbeat is fast."

"Sorry," He looks away, to the ground once again.

"Try to focus."

Zo lets a small smile fall on her face, sharing an amused glance with Neteyam and Roxto. Kiri rolls her eyes at all of them.

Continuing to focus on their breathing, Aonung begins to walk up. "Hey you children!" He calls. 

Zo and Roxto look up to him almost instantly. Roxto because he hasnt seen his best friend since yesterday when they helped with the ilus, and Zo'ile for no reason. 

Her eyebrows fall together confused, and she looks back down. There is no reason she should be looking up at him so eagerly. She doesnt even like him. 

"What Aonung?" Tsireya asks clearly annoyed, looking up from Lo'ak. 

"Dad wants you and the forest babies to go help with the food." 

Aonung's eyes glance down to Zo'ile, who stares at the sand with odd intensity. Freak runs across his mind, but it exits quickly. She isnt a freak to him for some reason. 

"You and Roxto too?" Aonung nods, his eyes still watching the girl. 

She lets out a deep breath, standing up. Lo'ak and Roxto follow, and then Neteyam before Zo. 

"Yo, come on." Roxto grabs Aonung's arm as they all begin to walk back to the village. He follows Aonungs line of sight and lands onto Zo'ile. 

"You can go." Aonung says looking away and into his best friend's eyes. 

Roxto only nods, looking back to the odd pair every so often on his walk back.

Zo'ile stays sat down. She can see Aonung's shadow against the sand. Right now, she would rather not have to deal with anything he has to say. 

"You know, youre supposed to help right?" Aonung comments, making sure she is going to help.

In the Metkayina clan, most nights they help make meals. Zo isnt surprised by this, she knows she has to help. Back in Omaticaya it was the same courtesy. 

Zo lets out her deep breath, making it finally unsteady. She opens her eyes and looks up to him with attitude. 

His light blue eyes watch her closely. She notices his strong body as she continues to peer up at him.