One

Zo'ile watches everything around her. 

Her deep breaths, in and out, with the pond in front of her. The animals whir around, minding their own business; almost as if she isn't there. 

That is what she loves about this place. In the forest, you can go almost anywhere and see other creatures, but in most cases they see you. When they see you, they freak. 

But for some reason, here they are simply calm with her. 

Across the way, a little flying creature whizzes around, occasionally landing atop the water. She watches it with interest, thinking and imagining what it must feel like to be able to float on water. 

"Zo!" The girl jumps at the familiar voice. The little fly does as well, quickly flying away from where it finally settled on the water. 

Zo'ile turns around to look at the skxawng voice that disrupted everything. "What do you want skxawng!?" She stands quickly, turning to her brothers and their friend. "And the other skxawngs." She escapes from under her breath. 

"We wondered where you were Zo Zo." Spider teases, hopping over a stump towards her. 

"What if I didnt want to be found, Little Monkey?" She says back. He knows she hates the name Zo Zo, and she knows he hates the name Little Monkey. 

"Maybe you would have gone somewhere we wouldnt find you." Lo'ak points out, smiling. 

Zo sighs and pushes her way past her brother and his friend, to her eldest. "Neteyam, dont you have some control over these children?" 

She knows that Neteyam likes to take care of their family, and watch them. The three, four including Spider, younger than Neteyam and Zo'ile, are always getting into trouble.

He shrugs, smiling at her. "Didnt feel the need." She smiles, only so he can see, and shoves him. "Besides, we have the attack on the trains."

"Shit." Her eyes grow, she hasnt even got anything ready for the mission. Zo completely forgot about her fathers plans to attack the sky people's train supply. 

"Forgot?" Lo'ak holds onto a branch, and swings so he is beside his brother and sister, slanted from his position on the ground. 

"Shut up." Her hand flies to his stomach and he hunches over, letting go of the branch. 

Both Spider and Neteyam laugh at him. Before they know it, Lo'ak is tackling Neteyam to the ground. 

They break out in play fight, almost shoving Zo'ile over in the process. "Come on!" She rolls her eyes, and walks to stand next to Spider. Crossing her arms, she rests back and watches as her brothers fight each other. 

"You think Lo'ak got this one?" He asks. 

"Hm," She hums, thinking and watching. "Nah." 

Spider laughs, nodding as well. Lo'ak has always been close to beating their brother, but can never quite manage it. Neteyam is the greatest young warrior in the Omaticaya clan. He is the greatest thing to look up to, and being his brother, Lo'ak does it a little too much.

As the fight comes to a finish, with Neteyam holding Lo'ak in a choke hold, Spider laughs and hits Zo'ile's arm. She smiles, specifically at her intuition. 

Lo'ak hits Neteyam's arm around his neck, tapping out of the fight. When Neteyam lets go, he instantly gets up, his face clearly upset with defeat. 

"Better get home." Lo'ak says. His voice is covered in a fake enthusiasm, trying to cover up that he is butt hurt.