Eight

Zo's marui became even more tense. She didnt think it was possible.

All of Neytiri and Jakes kids have been pushing their limits, unintentionally, as much as they are able.

Lo'ak and Neteyam havent been able to get out of trouble, Zo is always gone when she should be helping her siblings, and Kiri has the biggest attitude. Tuk is the only one who seems to listen to her parents.

Since Lo'ak going missing, Zo has tried to help however she can though. She knows that they are all struggling.

Lo'ak has also been missing even more days, claiming he is exploring. When all of the kids corner him, he finally tells them.

"The tulkun have not returned yet and anyway, no tulkun is ever alone." Aonung says, concerned. Zo watches him, discretely.

Aonung stands against a tree, addressing the group confidently. After their talk on the beach, they havent been alone with each other since.

Zo can tell that he has been making an effort to be nicer. Hes been helping her siblings, and playing with Tuk. Tuk and him have become quite friends.

If Tuk is friends with someone, you know they are good.

"But this one was. He had a- a missing fin." Lo'ak gestures to his arm.

"Payakan." Tsireya looks to Roxto, and Aonung quickly.

"Payakan, whos Payakan?" Kiri asks. Her face turns worried.

"A young Pulu, went rogue. Hes outcast. Alone. And he has a missing fin." Zo and Kiris mind begin to turn to the worst.

"They say he is a killer." Tsireya looks to Lo'ak, trying to plead with him.

"No, no." Lo'ak insists.

"He killed Na'vi. And other tulkun." Aonung finishes. Zo looks away averting her eyes from him as he looks towards her.

Aonung can tell something other than the tulkun is bothering her. "Not here, but far to the south." His eyes flit back up to the group, as they watch him.

"No, hes no killer."

"Lo'ak, you are lucky to be alive." Tsireya pleads, grabbing Lo'ak arm.

"Lo'ak you should-" Kiri begins.

"Im telling you guys, he saved my life." He says back, looking to us with as much worry as us. "Hes my friend."

"My baby bro," Neteyam stands up and grabs his shoulders, a grin growing on his face, "The mighty warrior, who faced the killer tulkun. And lived to tell about it."

Zo smiles, trying to lighten the mood between her siblings. The tension has grown since the Metkayina kids have told them about Payakan.

She cannot believe Lo'aks attitude towards them. They are only trying to help.

Lo'ak shoves him off and stands up with him. "You guys arent listening." He begins to stomp away, leaving the group.

"Lo'ak, Im listening!" Tuk yells standing up.

Zo wraps her arm around Tuk's waist, hugging her. "He will come around little Tuk."

"Hes so damn strong headed." Kiri says.

Neteyam nods, squatting back down with them.

"Where do you think he is going?" Zo asks them.

"I hope hes not going to Payakan." Tsireyas eyes still watch after him, worry behind them.

"Maybe you should follow him." Aonung says in a swoony voice.

"No, he should be alone." Zo stands, the group watches her as she speaks. Aonung pushes off of the tree, standing with her.