Two

Leaving her clan has Zo'ile heartbroken. Nothing could make her ever want to leave. The only thing that is stopping her from staying is her families protection.

The Sullys stick together. That is what the family knows, so that is what they do.

Tarsum cut their father at the spirit tree, and became the new Omaticaya leader. Tarsum was always meant to marry one of Jake's daughters. No one said it, but everyone knew it.

As the family of seven leave, taking their time, the sun begins to leave the sky, starting to fall behind the great moon. Almost every family member cried once.

But now, they were on their way, Zo'ile didn't cry anymore. It's important for her to set an example. Tuk seeing her sad and depressed only meant that Tuk would act the same. So, Zo sucked it up, giving everyone little smiles as they ride towards their new home.

The kids have heard tales of the Metkayina. How beautiful it is there, and their tulkun. They've heard about their hunting and different skills in the elements of water.

But it never did justice to what they are riding upon.

As the family passes the reef barrier, all of them look around as eagerly as they can, taking it all in.

Sand everywhere, the sun hotter, the water bluer. Huge trees with roots that grow into the water, where their village is based.

Animals are in the water, rid by the people who made tsaheylu with them. This place was nothing like they'd ever seen before.

The next thing the family knows, there is a huge sound, like an alarm. Zo'ile wonders what it means. Everything makes her so eager to learn about this place.

They land, slowly climbing off their ikrans.

The sand is something they aren't used to. They move there toes inbetween the warm grainy substance as they walk slowly forwards.

Zo'ile looks at all of the strange people who gather around her family. They have wide tails and arms. And they're much lighter in skin color. They are very beautiful.

"Look at their tails." Two Metkayina boys point to the young teens, making fun of them.

Zo'iles eyes look up at the two of them quickly, getting ready to fight back. Before she says anything, a young girl, her age pushes one of the boys arms. "Aonung, Roxto!" She scolds.

The young boys roll their eyes and step back from the strange forest people.

Lo'ak watches the same thing from beside Zo'ile. Instantly trapped in the girls gaze.

"Hey." He says quietly. Zo looks to her brother and then the girl to see her reaction.

She pulls down her head to greet without words, and then smiles, her cheeks growing rosy.

Zo rolls her eyes and gives Lo'ak a knowing look. He shrugs and looks surprised. Almost like he is saying "what?"

But she knows he knows what he is doing.

~

"Jake Sully and his family will stay with us!" Tonowari, the great Metkayina chief says. "My daughter Tsireya and son Aonung will show you our way."

The clan leader gestures to his kids. Zo notices the boy as one of the boys who made fun of her and her siblings. 

Jake nods and makes his family thank them.

Tsireya, the girl from earlier steps up to them, a smile on her face. She couldn't be happier to help, especially with a new boy.

Zo'ile barely looks forward or pays attention to what her family is saying on their walk. She becomes to distracted from all of the amazing things around her.