"Is it your deepest secret?" The smile still attached on his face as he relaxed and unlinked his fingers. "It's alright if you don't want to share it."

The sizzle of water on the wok from the back of the stall filled their silence. Dhruva was contemplating yet again, he wanted to trust his brother yet he didn't know if it was the right choice. What can go wrong if the king and queen learns about it? Will they finally charge an attack on Kavish and get their thirst for revenge quenched? Dhruva shook his head; it wasn't an acceptable reason to wage a war. How stupid. But what will the affected people of Durja do if they learn about his venture to Kavish and liking someone from there? He left the question without giving it an answer; he certainly knew nothing of how people would react and so he made his choice.

A reasonable choice to share and wait for whatever his choice might bring to him, to his country and to her country.

*-*-*-*-*-*

The general ground in Mahina was vacant, devoid of people after the tenth bell. Under the dark sky studded with stars, the two brothers sat in the centre of the ground. A vast space with an advantage to avoid eavesdroppers. Dhruva had brought Prithvi into the field and disclose his venture to the east, his encounter with a lady he had grown to like and his fear that might follow because of his interest over her.

"So, what if you fall in love and marry someone from Kavish? Why do you think the people will oppose if the two kingdoms decide to unite?" asked Prithvi, his eyebrows drew together and he continued without an answer from Dhruva.

"I am aware that some of our people have lost their loved ones in the riot years ago but they should also understand because of that one event, men in Kavish, even today are paying the price for it," said Prithvi with his breath turning heavy, remembering the blood stains and shackles he saw in Yalin. "Only if people knew how to control themselves, they wouldn't have lost their lives. If the matter was between the two kings, then it should have been only them involved to dispute but people took it in their hands." He drew circles and crosses on the sandy ground. "Like a fool." He added, softly.

Dhruva watched his brother in awe, absorbing Prithvi's opinions and noticing the same emotion run through him. For a moment, he stayed baffled to have found someone who thinks alike. At last, he wasn't alone in the family to feel the way he does.

"Dhruva," he called. "Was Dilipan a man loved by all? Was he a king without a crown?" He asked of the man who was said to be killed by the former king of Kavish in Mount Gaja sixteen years ago.

"I don't think he was anyone but an advisor to the king."

"Well, that said, if anyone should have a problem then it should be the queen. Even she had given up on vengeance than why do people need to react otherwise," Prithvi said and laid a hand on Dhruva's shoulder. "Dhruva, forget it. You need to think of yourself too. If she is the one, you should find the right time to talk to the king and queen. I'll gladly back you up." He plucked a spikelet from a patch of grass nearby and handed to his brother.

With an escape of laughter, he took the spikelet and twist it in between his thumb and index finger. "You are seventeen but speak like that of an old man," Dhruva remarked with a relieve to finally have a ray of hope falling on him.

Prithvi rose to his feet and dusted his pants. "Right, I may be young but I am well aware of worldly matters." Prithvi dramatically spread his arms wide before extending a hand to Dhruva.

"By the way," he spoke as they rounded a corner leading to the main road. "Who is this girl and how much do you like her?" Mirth glinting in his eyes as his brows danced.

The older one gave a thought to Prithvi's second half of his question. "I like her enough to have her in my thoughts every day, especially for her well-being." The smile he had on his face was a rather sad smile. "I still worry for her at times and I don't know why."