Chapter 18: What in the franken fuçk was that

NARRATOR'S POV~

(A/N: just so you know, in my AU, lady Hogwarts herself costomizes each dorm/teachers room to what she believes the occupents will like. That means that all of the shared rooms are mixed between what the occupants would like. She also is the one who chooses which kids get placed with each other. Also a good reason why Harry is in a dorm alone.)

Severus sat sideways in his armchair, one leg thrown over the side and the other pulled close to his chest. His hair was thown up with a hair tie in a loose ponytail, he was wearing a black t- shirt and loose pants, contrast to his robes that he always wears, and his usually ill tinted nose was a rosy red. The fire crackling next to him seemed to be the only sound coming from his dark room.

He eyes were focused on the grey ceiling completely perplexed. What in the actual fuck had just happened.

It was 4 in the morning and he hadn't slept a wink, though he would be lying if he said he hadn't drinken a unhealthy amount of coffee to stay awake. Welcome to the life of an insomniac.

He had more sleepless nights in his life then you could count. Hence the dark eye bags that hung below tired eyes. This was no exception, though unlike usual, there was a reason he wasn't able to sleep.

No matter how much he wanted to believe that he would never feel anything but hatred for the son of his bully, Severus couldn't deny, no matter how much he wanted to, that the boys actions as of late have made him feel something Severus never hoped he would feel in his wildest dreams for a Potter.

He was extremely worried about the boy.

Everything he had seen was nothing but red flags that screamed in his mind. It had only been a few days, and the things he noticed were enough to make him chew his lip raw. He was known for his master level observation skills, and he'd be damned if he didn't notice this.

One of his kids, a second year, had come to him hours earlier. The boy was abused by his mother, as many of his snakes are.

Snape had noticed in the boys first year and helped him out mentally and physically. He healed his injurys and made sure he knew that his proffesor, his dorms father figure, will be there for him no matter what. He never contacted Magical Child Protective Services for any of his abused unless they specifically asked him to. You may think it stupid, but it isn't. Many of them asked him specifically not to, and he wouldn't force them to change there life's if they didn't want to.

You see, there is very different circumstances for the type of kids Snape houses then a normal abused kid. Because of some stupid things Dumbledore and the magical agency has done, as well as some news papers and some civilian Wizards, if Snape reported the children's home situation, it could quite literally ruin their life.

Not only will the media be absolute vultures on the case, but the trials that will take place will be horrible. You may think that it would be better then being in a abusive household, but as a abuse victim himself, he knew different. The things magical society would do to those poor kids would be so cruel that Snape refuses to even mention what would happen.

And you may be thinking "well, even if society was cruel to them, wouldn't they still be welcomed and have a home with the Slytherins?"; See, that's the thing. Slytherins already don't have the best rep, and Dumbledore is completely biased against it, can you imagine what would happen if it got out that so many of the snakes are abused?

I'll tell you what would happen; people will become even more biased against Slytherins, the house will receive more hate then ever, the snakes will be ostracized by everyone including the other houses, it will be known as a cruel house where everyone is dark, slimy, and mean. The kids will be targeted more then they already are and stress levels will rise to the max. It would no longer feel like home to them. Tell me, what do you think a kid will do when they lose hope? when they feel hated by everyone? when they have nothing left to live for? and when there is no place that feels like home?