Chapter 4: the slithery little snek

NARRATOR'S POV~

Harry woke with a start, his upper torso flying into a seated position and his breaths coming out short and erotic. His breathing slowed into a even rythem as he remembered where he was.

"you're awake" Aunaer said, looking surprised, they obviously weren't expecting him to wake up so soon. "how long have I been out?" Harry said questioningly. The goblin snapped out of their surprise "around an hour".

Harry nodded, he was glad he wasn't out longer. Griphook soon came into the room and they began speaking business again. The goblin handed him two rings, saying one was the Potter heirs and the other was the Peverell heirs and to put on the Potter's first and then the other. Harry, like the good boy he is, did as told, putting the smooth black rings on both his middle fingers. Griphook informed him that he was now to be called a lord, as he claimed the lordships in his will.

He was kinda wierded out that they knew his ring size 'did they measure my fingers while I was asleep?' Harry was honestly lying to himself to be dramatic, he couldn't care less if they did or not. Its not like he hasn't done something similar... Or even creepier. He didn't drive off Hogwarts therapist for nothing.

Or, more likely, it was magic.

He was also to inherent any property owned by the two family's.
'well, I guess I have somewhere to stay instead of the Durlsleys house' Harry thought.

"I would like to access my vault and get a endless pouch"
He was now a lord, meaning that he would be seen as more respected and much higher on the scale of importance.

Griphook nodded, taking him to his vault and getting him the small pouch. His business in Gringotts was now done and he was glad that it went so smoothly.

"I would like to become good friends, Lord Potter, and would be greatly pleased if you would stop by for tea every now and then." Griphook said as he handed him a small necklace and gave a brief explanation, saying that it would let goblins know he was a friend of Griphooks. It was a small chain with a gold madallion embedded with a insignia written in the language of goblins.

Harry excepted it and put it on "of course, I will come by sometime in the near future. May your gold forever flow, Goblin king" he said.
"And may your enemies fall at your feet, master of death"
Griphook said with a cunning smile. With that, Harry exited the bank.

His next stop would be at a place he had not been in his past life, but he knew what was inside. Walking into the old building, he stepped up to the front desk, the lady working there looking at him skeptically. "do you, by any chance, have some snakes?" Harry asked slyly.

The lady at front desk grinned in excitement, she didn't have people asking often. Motioning for him to follow her, she walked into the back of the store and pointed at a small section filled with snake cages.

Harry walked over, excited to see the magnificent creatures.
"would any of you like to be my familiar?" Harry said in parcel tounge. All of the snakes threw there heads up, all of them hissing that he should pick them. Harry chuckled and the worker lady looked like he had just solved cancer. "You're a parcel tounge?" she said excitedly.

Harry chuckled and nodded. One snake had caught his eye, It was beautiful. It was about a inch wide and two feet long, white scales flowing smoothly down its body with specks of lilac throughout and a light green stomach. He walked up to it and spoke "Hello, I'm Harry Potter Peverell, would you like to come home with me?". he asked,

The snakes eyes brightened as she slightly wiggled around in excitement "I would love to, thank you for choosing me" she hissed.

"I would like that one" Harry said as he pointed towards the beautiful creature. The shop keeper nodded excitedly and asked if he would like the cage. He calmly denied and opened the cage, picking up the snake with his left hand and letting her wrap around his arm, the shop keeper about to burst into a fangirling fit.
He paid for her and left the building, happy to have found a familiar.

"what should we name you?" Harry hissed contently.
"How about Athena?" he asked after a second of thought.
The newly named Athena was very happy about her name and nudged her snout against his wrist with a joyful wiggle.

Harry chuckled and moved onto the next building. He missed his sweet owl dearly and wanted to have a second chance with her. When he saw her he coudnt help but smile warmly. "hello, beautiful" he said as he stroked her feathers. she gave out a happy hoot. Harry paid for her and told her that her name would be Hedwig.

He made sure to buy everything that the two familiars would need to be happy and healthy.

He was happy at the moment. Athena nuzzling his arm, Hedwig hooting happily in her small cage, the medallion sitting still on his chest. and he was free from the compulsion's that weighed heavily on him

He would make sure this life was a good one.

A/N: I'm fairly sure that I was slightly spacing out throughout most of writing this, so I hope that its a good chapter.

Fun fact: Thomas Edison wasn't actually the first to create the
light bolb, it was actually a person named Humphry Davy.

Q/N: what is your favorite aestethic to wear? I don't really have one, but I prefer to look as gay as I am.