It was time to use Mana.

GUH!

My chest was beginning to fire up again. Not again. I would have to push through the pain.

CLANG!

CLANG!

CLANG!

Now this was what power felt like! I clashed again and again against my grandfather's sword, but this time I was beginning to chip the wood from my grandfather's sword.

"Nicely done Liam! I guess it's time for me to try a little bit!"

"Wh-"

GUH!

What was this incredible strength? It was exactly like fathers. If that meant one thing, he was barely trying.

With every slice of the sword from him, it was dangerous. The impact would be too much to handle for me. I rolled away, having to distance myself from him. I wasn't quite sure how many blows I could take until I would have to surrender. And my core wasn't holding up too well.

Just as grandfather was about to strike his downwards to mine. I knew I would have to pull something out of the bag.

CLANG!

SWOOSH!

What once was a plain normal wooden blade, was something more, something better. A fiery burning wooden sword.

Was this cheating? Slightly, just a little bit. It was mainly meant to be just an augmenter battle but just a little bit of magic wouldn't hurt every once and a while.

We clashed swords together on repeat. It wasn't a duel between one another, it was more like a dance. A beautiful dance. I could tell that Grandfather could see the countless weak spots that I had, due to me getting tired and Grandfather didn't have any weak spots himself. The duel was coming to an end, but not in the way I predicted.

GUH!

I dropped to the ground, immediately placing my hand on my chest. It felt as though my chest was going to erupt and explode in pain. But I gritted my teeth through it not showing a pinch of pain in my face.

Grandpa quickly dropped his wooden sword coming to my aid immediately. He picked me back up, worry was etched on his face.

"Liam! Are you alright?" Grandpa checked for any inflicting injuries that he might have done by accident on me.

"I'm fine," I replied with a smile on my face. "I think might have used a bit too much of my Mana core." I scratched the back of my head, chuckling.

"I was worried for you there Liam. You wouldn't give your dear old Grandpa a heart attack would you?"

We burst out laughing together. "Of course not!" I said.

"That's good to hear. . . I must say I've been impressed with your skills you're going to be a fine mage one day Liam." Grandpa gave me the finest praise, ruffling my hair up. "Now how about we go to the city. . . I've been meaning to show you something."

"Sure!" And like that, we were off.

(TIMESKIP)
I wasn't expecting this. Defiantly not in a million years I would be expecting to be in a place like this. Let's just say I wasn't so keen on being here.

Because.

They were so many kids around my age here. What was Grandpa thinking about me bringing me here along with him?