Chapter 42 - The Battlefield is a Stage & The ones on it are the Performers.

(In the suburbs of New Jersey, New Jersey, America - 10:00 PM)

(Third person pov)

The MTF soldiers & GOC were currently patrolling the suburbs of New Jersey but no enemy forces had attacked New Jersey yet ever since the morning events that took place which was a relief...and concern as well for them. Currently Evan, Krieg & Robert were sitting on the roof of a suburb house seeing the night sky and seeing New York City in the distance across the Hudson River which still had enemy forces roaming in the skies and possibly the flooded streets of it as well.

Evan: What a crap show.

Sane Krieg: Yeah.....Where is Rodeo & Michelle ?

Robert: Michelles on patrol...And Rodeo is trying to rest up in one of the houses abandoned here in the suburbs.

Evan:......You think the rest are alright ?

Robert: Can't say for sure.....world communications is still down so we can't contact them from the other side of the world.....this entire day has been hell for everyone.

Evan: Yeah.....hell.

(With Rodeo)

Rodeo was lying on the bed of an abandoned suburb house while having MTF armor on excluding the helmet which was on the floor of the room as he saw the walls around him mutiple dead people both civilian and MTF coming out of them with hollow eyes and blood covering them yelling and mocking Rodeo for the events that had transpired because he messed with the Forsaken and calling him a war bringer or a destroyer....but this was not real....it was his mind playing tricks with him.

Rodeo:.....Please go away.

But they didn't and they kept rambling again and again as Rodeo covered his ears and holding his head wanting their words of negativity to stop playing in his head and then be heard the door open and got up and pulled out his Jackal & Casull pistol and points it at the door in a panic and saw it was Michelle and she too had her MTF helmet off.

Michelle: Easy. It's just me.

Then Rodeo sighs in relief and saw that the walls were back to normal and that the voices and those he saw were gone....like they were never there.

Rodeo: *looks away* Just leave me be.

Rodeo then lies down on the bed while making sure his head was facing the wall to his right and not at Michelle.

Michelle:.....Don't be like that.

Then Michelle sits next to him on the bed and pats his head gently...and he decided to let out what he was thinking to Michelle.

Rodeo:.....The dead are whispering to me. Calling me a war bringer. Destroyer......That I'm no hero....That I let them and the others die.....because I got involved in someones affairs....That being the Forsaken.

Michelle:......Are the whispers that bad ?

Rodeo: Yes... It's driving me nuts....because it feels and hears real.....and that their is truth to it.

Michelle:.....I understand....but we can't let this get to us...even you as well....if we do....he wins....and we lose.

Rodeo: *stood up* This entire day has been hell Michelle.....tomorrow ain't gonna be any different....only difference is that we are going on the offensive rather than on the defensive.......That's the only thing.

Michelle:......You aren't gonna give up from all of this ? Right ?

Rodeo:......*looks down* No I will fight for everyone and end this war.....but I fear I might give up on my sanity and my soul from all of this.....perhaps I should have just....not stopped the Forsaken in the RE universe.