27 | "Don't let me remember"

Adalia POV

I walk down the pavement of the familiar house I haven't been to in months. I inhale sharply looking at the lights flashing through the window, indicating a party happening.

He always loved to party. Good for business.

I open the door, coughing slightly at the smell of body heat, drugs, and alcohol.

Memories.

I push through the crowd, rubbing my face to erase any evidence from earlier. I head towards the kitchen looking for a familiar face. Not seeing them, I turn around and head towards the staircase.

I walk up the stairs, the music fades in the background. Hearing unpleasant noises, I contemplate on just forgetting it and going to my quiet place.

No, he'd find me there.

I stalk towards where I remember the bathroom being, knocking before going in. I turn towards the mirror, my eyes slightly pink. Already looking drugged. I lean over to rinse my face before drying it. It helped ever so slightly.

I looked better than I feel. I need to find him before I go insane.

I open up the door only to see him talking to someone, little baggies in his hand. The girl looks around before paying him and taking the small bags. He smiles, and calls out to her before stuffing the money in his pocket. He turns around, his mouth falling agape once his eyes land on me. He doesn't hesitate to open his arms and pull me into him, his arms around my waist and mine around his neck.

"Holy shit, I'm dreaming." He sighs into my hair. I smile slightly at the familiarity, but then I remember the past behind it.

"Hi, j." I hum into his neck, pulling back to only be met with resistance.

"One moment. It's been so long." He pulls back.

"As much as I would love to have this wholesome conversation with you, I know you didn't come back after being Awol for about a year without a reason."

"I can't just come back to see a friend?" I show a strained smile but there is some genuineness behind it.

"A friend, yes. Your drug dealer, ex-boyfriend? On most occasions, no."

"I missed you." I shrug.

"I did too, but your stalling." He smiles.

"Something strong," I speak truthfully, desperately needing an escape from reality right now. He reaches into the pocket of his jacket and pulls out a blunt and edibles, presenting it to me.

"What's in it?" I take two of the edibles and swallow them, before taking the blunt in between my fingers.

"Crush n puff." He says with a slight smirk on his face.

"What's that?" I tilt my head, a strand of hair falling.

"Mostly weak drugs but a strong one in there. I'll get you high, but it's not strong enough to kill you with that one blunt."

"How much?" I go to pull cash out of my pocket.

"Free. Consider it a gift from an old friend." He nods toward me. I put the blunt to my lips, coughing slightly not used to it since it had been a while. I go to turn around but he grabs my wrist.

"Stay a while. You can't drive high." He suggests.

"Yea, that was your job." I chuckle and he joins.

"See, you get it." He lifts my hand and places a hand on my waist, pushing me to turn before placing his arm on my shoulder and intertwining my fingers.