26| Oops, I wasn't dead.

Adalia POV

We continue walking until we're standing directly in front of it. He walks toward a metal sliding door. He slides it open and ushers me to follow him.

When we get inside, we stay towards the wall. We finally reach a dark hallway, after many gentle, quiet steps. He guides my hand to keep it on the gun.

"More guards, be prepared to shoot," Asher murmurs lowly watching our surroundings closely.

I hum in response just as I see a figure moving faintly. I go to click the safety off just as Jake, Elton, Jai, and Blake appear in front of us. The splatter of blood hit me before the gunshot registered in my mind. Asher has his gun pointed in the direction of the body. "Pay fucking attention." He mutters and walks in front of everyone.

We continue down the hall in suspenseful silence, until we meet a path of two ways. "I'll go this way with Blake and Jake, the rest go left." He sterns walking toward the right.

We walk down the dimly lit hall with many doors. I don't even know what we're looking for. As the suspense grows so do the nerves. I pull out the gun, keeping it by my side.

A door opens and a tall figure with dark curly hair walks out. He has a bloody knife in his hands and rubs it with the fabric of his black shirt.

All three of us aim the gun at him, I click off the safety first. When he hears the click, he looks up, immediately aiming his knife at me. It wasn't until now that I looked at his face.

His mouth falls agape and I can't look away from his eyes. My eyes. Those were my eyes.

He drops the knife but I haven't lowered my gun. I can't move. I couldn't feel anything. I was frozen. I could only feel the tears streaming down my face but it was like my brain was protecting me from feeling any pain or hurt.

Shock.

But it all crashes down on me at once. A sob slipped from my mouth as he takes a couple of steps closer and I take more back. He starts walking toward and I scream. He stops in his tracks and he can't look away either.

I faintly hear pounding footsteps just as my legs lose any strength they had. Arms wrap around my body before it can hit the ground, slowly lowering me.

They secure my arms behind me as I thrash to get loose from these bulk men.

I thrash to get loose from the person behind me who just won't let go."Shh, Lia it's me." His hand is running through my hair, pushing my head toward his chest.

"Run A, just run. I'm behind you." He spoke frantically, cutting the rope, and sets free my arms. I push off the ground and do exactly what he says.

I can't look away from his face and I hear my heart pumping in my ears. Oxygen. I can't breathe. The air won't go in. I can't breathe. I can not breathe.

A gunshot rings out in the distance and I hear a body hit the ground. I pause and before I know it I'm running back to the dreaded place quicker than I ever have. As soon as I see a body, tears blur my vision but I don't stop until I reach him.

"A," His voice is way deeper now. A tear slips from his sapphire eyes which seem darker in this lighting.

He tries to take a step closer."No!" I panic and try to back up until my back hits the wall. But that doesn't stop me from trying to get away. Being within 5 feet of him would make this way too real.

"Eden" Asher warns next to me and another sob slips from my lips. Asher tries to hug me but I push away from him.

"Get away from me." I don't recognize my voice as I hear the venom and loathe in it. He looks hurt and I barely feel bad before I remember that he knew.