8 | My Little Visitor

Adalia POV

Asher tenses more than I thought possible as Zayn closes the car door. He smiles when he sees me but it quickly disappears when he sees Asher. He takes slow, cautious strides towards me as Asher observes him. From the brand to his feet, to the tattoos shown right at the collar of his black shirt, to the cross earring in his ear. When Zayn gets close enough he engulfs me in a short friendly hug.

"What are you doing here?" I smile softly while pushing my hair back.

"I came here earlier to see if you wanted to hang out or something today but I went to the store to get something." He explains stuffing his back pocket.

"Sure just go in and give me a minute." I gesture towards the house. He nods and turns away as I turn towards Asher. His glare harsh on Zayn. His posture is incredibly sharp as if no room for flaws or imperfections. His guard higher than Mount Everest and his jaw is sharp enough to cut through metal, though that's not much different than usual.

"Are you ok?"

He snaps out of his gaze and looks down at the ground.

"Yea. Um, I'll be back tomorrow night." He mutters.

"Ok. See you later." I wave as he turns the engine back on. He drives away with no further response. I sigh pushing a curl behind my ear. I walk into the house and see Zayn sitting on the couch looking down at the phone in his hand.

"Hey." I walk up to him and he gets up from his previous position on the sofa.

"What do you want to do today?"

"How about going to a waffle house for a start because I haven't eaten yet." I walk towards the stairs.

"Sure. Where are you going?"he asks with a cocked eyebrow.

"I'm going to get my hoodie. It was cool outside. You can come if you don't mind." He doesn't respond and just follows me. I walk up to my room and head straight to my large closet, that actually has small mini closets inside. I search for the jacket I wanted, unable to find it.

You ever have that piece of clothing that is there when you aren't looking for it but it disappears the second you start looking for it. Like what the fuck, did it just grow legs?

"Can't find it?" Zayn says from behind me. I shake my head and walk out the closet. I try to remember the last time I had it, but instead my mind seems to recall all the times I've had it like months ago.

"Oh. I remember now." I sigh and walk out the room turning off the light as he's right behind me. I walk down the halls making turns until I've made it at the personal gym.

"Question."

"Shoot." I say walking towards the treadmill.

"You work out?" He points to me with suprise evident on his face.

"Correction. I run from my thoughts or problems." I correct him. He nods approvingly."I block out my thoughts with music and I use the gym as another thing to focus on."

"Good strategy."

"Well let's go." I say while walking out.
.
.
.
.
Asher POV

"I thought you weren't coming back until later." Elton says sitting in the same spot he was since I left with Adalia.

"Change of plans." I say rushing down the stairs into the basement. It was a dark space with a small window near the ceiling. Concrete floor with a computer, and board. The part of the board my eyes are focused on has a picture of Lilah and Cameron with sharp pins holding them in place. There is a red string that connects both of there strings to Adalia's, only because that's there daughter. I move my gaze from the picture of the beautiful blue eyed girl to the green eyed imbecile. I reach into a drawer pulling out the red string to connect Adalia and Zayn.