19 | Costumes

Adalia POV

I sit on the floor of my closet, looking through the drawers for a bralette to go with my costume. Giving up, I sigh and lay on my back staring up at my ceiling frustrated after not finding it for an hour.

In the distance I hear my bedroom door open and multiple people walking in. I don't make any effort to get up as three people hover over my body.

"Why are you on the floor?" Alex laughs, extending his hand towards me to grab. I lift my arm before plopping it back down in exaggeration. He reaches down grabbing my wrists gently and pulling me up and into him. He wraps my arms around his torso and connects my hand before hugging me.

"I can't find my top." I sigh. It's like no one understands the stress of not being able to find that one thing you really wanted to wear and it seems to not exist.

"You mean the top that I borrowed and told you I would bring over when we got ready together?" Ariel asks.

"I dislike you quite a bit." I reply sincerely.

"Love you too." She walks over to my closet that holds our costumes. She takes out the clothing and walks out and Maddi follows behind, leaving me with Alex.

"You can let go now." I pester and he releases me from his grip. He smiles at me and suddenly I felt like we were thirteen again. His smile is showcased as if the whole world was watching. His hair messy like he just woke up, slight curls all over the place. The way the light hits his face, making his eyes gleam ever so bright as he squints slightly and the skin on his temple crinkling slightly like it always has since we were five.

"Give me a break it's been a few weeks."
He defends, interrupting my reminiscing.

"How was your Nonna's?" I ask and he pulls me out of the large closet and into my bedroom, which has a fair amount of stuff in it. My black bralette and orange utility cargo pants with an eyelet belt with a chain in lying on the bed. There is a sparkly dark red cross top and a v cut lace up flare leg pants the same color. The costume next to it consists of blue and red short shorts, a white 'Daddy's little monster' with a red neckline, red and blue fingerless gloves and a 3/4 sleeve varsity jacket. The last outfit is a black button up shirt and plain black pants.

"Fine. She says hi." He says grabbing black and white body paint from the bag on my vanity table.

"What are you?" I tilt my head in confusion. He strolls over to me and walks right past me. I'm about to turn around but hands are placed on my hips.

"A skeleton. Ariel said she would the painting and shit but I would much rather you do it. " He nips on my neck, tickling me slightly. I stop giggling once his fingertips reach the end of my shirt. He gently slides his fingers over the end of my shirt before turning me around.

The thing about Alex is that he's one of those people that joke a lot. Taking stuff seriously isn't his thing. So when I see the serious look on his face, it startles me a bit.

I'm caught off guard when I feel lips against mine and me being pulled against him. There was so much passion covered question involved. What is he questioning. He bites down gently onto my bottom lip just as his hands slip under my shirt. A breathy moan slips from my mouth and he takes the opportunity to press his tongue into my mouth.

I hear the doorknob twist behind me and I pull away, my cheeks flaming.

The door opens and Ariel and Maddilyn walk in hold in holding two of my mothers robes.

"How did you get my mom's robe if she's in her room?" I ask.

"I didn't question you two, did I?"
I turn my head away and she hmph's. I stuck my middle finger up at her.