4 |"Pretend it's a mission"

Adalia POV

You ever have those days where you wake up earlier than usual but when you try to go back to sleep you just can't?

That's me at this very moment. Staring at my ceiling with my eyes wide open, trying to tire myself out. Obviously failing, I groan as I sit up, frustrated. I walk over to the balcony doors and slide it open. Taking a step outside, the cold September breeze hits my face. The sun barely shows in the multicolored sky.

I sit down on the cold pavement of the large balcony, just looking of into a distance as the air blows in my hair. I place my phone down on the ground but as soon as it touches it dings.

Ri: Why the hell were you up at 6 in the morning? When I try to wake you up it takes a whole process yet your up at 6.

I chuckle looking down at the small screen in my hand. When I woke up, I texted Ariel to see if she was awake; well because she's a morning person and wakes up early. Obviously I'm not. I'm more of a stay up until 3 AM type of person then get up no earlier than noon. We go to parties pretty often mostly to just let loose and escape from reality for a bit.

I lean my back against the cemented wall behind me and look off into the distance. Nothing in particular just off. The wind slowed down so there is a slight breeze every so often to go with my thoughts. I jump when my cellphone starts blaring next to me. I turn off the alarm and stand up with my phone in my hand.

Walking back in the room, I head straight for my closet. I take out a pair of black leggings, a long sleeved checkered crop top, and a pair of Air Jordan 1 retro high sneakers.

After I get dressed I put in gold hoop earrings and leave my hair down today. Tucking a curl behind my ear, I pick my phone up off my bed.

Two classes later and I'm already exhausted. I take a seat at my desk which unfortunately for me is directly in the center of the room thanks to my asshole of a teacher. A girl with dark straight hair comes in and sits next to me. She has glasses with clear frames and a expression that gives off that she's deep in thought. She looks up from her book and smiles at me.

"Hi, I'm Maddie." She grins.

"Adalia." I smile back. She opens her mouth to say something but closes it back when the teacher walks in. He looks sort of like a Ezra Fitz from pretty little liars. He places his books on his desk. He takes out a book from the shelf next to the wood desk and takes a seat.

As usual everyone begins to sit in silence, reading to themselves.

After a long 45 minutes, everyone begins to pour out the classroom. I stuff all my books in my arms, all objects feeling like they'll fall at any given time if I move. While balancing my things and slowly walking down the considerably empty hall.

Should I skip?

Nah, I need my grades.

It's one class.

No.

I think it's a splendid idea.

Well it's not.

But-

The loud sound of the bell ringing interrupts my thoughts and inner arguments. I rush down the hall to my class.

____________________________________________

"So are you coming tonight?" Ariel asks from across the table. We decided to go out for lunch today. So we currently sit at a table in McDonald's.

"Nope." I say popping a fry into my mouth.

"Come on A, it's just a party." Alex whines.

"Yea and last time I got shit- faced drunk and almost drowned in the pool. Then you two watched as a girl and a guy helped me then tried to have a threesome with me. One fully naked and one have clothed! And all you did was laugh your ass off." I defend.