Chap 7.5

Yoongi POV

I was lying on the bean bag while fiddling with a pencil. I'm starting to get comfortable around Su Young. When she asked me why I was at her place, I wanted to tell her the real reason why I came back, instead of saying it's because of the peace. Deep down my heart, I felt like she didn't have anyone to rely on. The night when I carried her back home, I wondered to myself

"If it wasn't me, who would help her like this?"

As much as I didn't want to, I felt like someone has to be with her. Even after all the horrible times she faced, she remained bright and passionate...how can a girl like this be left alone?

 I turn my head and take a peek. She was sitting down at the dining table while writing something. I walk towards her while whistling. She was wearing a warm pullover and sweatpants. Her hair smelled like vanilla. I lean closer against the table.

"Are you writing music?" I watch her write some notes on a fresh music sheet.

"Yep. It's just a random piece I never really complete."

"The tune is nice. But..." I pointed to the verse.

"You could change this chord" She turns and looks up at me with big eyes. Our face was close. Shit, my heart is racing.

"Please help me" Her head bang flat on the table. I try to hide my laughter as I sat down beside her. She lifts her head and looks at me with gratitude.

"Firstly, you can change this chord to....."

I've never used my composing skills to help anyone outside the company. Su Young was the first. It felt weirdly good.

The whole night progressed with me helping to improve her piece. After we were done, she quickly stands up and places the music sheet at the stand before taking out her violin. She looks at the floor, as if she was reluctant. Then, she takes a deep breath and  begin playing.

Time slew down. With every note she played, her expression followed. The crease on her forehead, the way her hands controlled the bow.

It was beautiful.

When she was done, she looked at me with a smile attached to her face.

"Yoongi! I love it!" She jumps around in excitement. I lean back on my chair with my nose held high.

"Gomawo." Her eyes locked with mine across the room as her smile grew sweeter. I could feel my heart skip a beat. What was this feeling?

"Ah no big deal. You know I always help others with music." I stand up and turn to face the clock away from her gaze. I don't want her catching me looking at her in a different way.

Ah shit. I wish I had more time. It was already going to be late.

"Suyoung-ah, I'll go first." I say while heading to the door. I turn around once more and she stood there while waving with a gentle smile plastered on her face. So cute.

"Take care." She says. I nod my head and step out of her house. As I made my way down the stairs, I hear her voice calling out my name once more.

"Yoongi!" She leans against the railing and looks down on me.

"Will you come back tomorrow?" She asks. I couldn't tell her expression in the dark. But I hope she asked because she wanted me to.

"I guess...If you don't mind." I scratch my head. I squint my eyes and examine her face. 

"I think that'd be great." She says before walking back into her home.

I don't know why, but I immediately did a victory dance. I was smiling to my ear. This gummy feeling was growing inside of me. I couldn't describe what it feels like with one word. I finally made my way down stairs. I look up once more to see her rooftop house and notice the lights flickered off. I hope she keeps herself warm. 

"Yoongi?" A girl's voice called out my name in a quiet tone. 

"Jiyeon-ah."