I knew training him to his boiling point would be worth it. Not only that, I could see on his face that he was enjoying it. But I still needed to let him know about the reality of it all.

WOOSH!

GUH!

I knew Aerilyn would not be happy about what I had just done, and I knew that I was probably going to pay for it later. After all, I guess I did deserve it.

With one clean kick to Liam's chest, I sent him flying, rolling onto the ground. I made sure that kick wasn't hard enough hurt him too badly, but it was enough to determine how resilient he was when it came to the battle.

I wasn't going to half-ass Liam. Liam needed to know the reality of fighting and that it wasn't always going to go his way and that it wasn't going to be easy all the time. He needed to be prepared and be ready for the worse. This was just an inch of what I could do.

Come on Liam get up.

Get up and show me more.

And he proved me right. Actually, he always had been proving me right all this time.

For what was a kick that must have felt incredibly painful to Liam, he had managed to get up even if it took a bit, but he still did.

Liam today had shown me something different. True resilience to get back up from the ground. I knew that he must have been using all his Mana to get back up. Whenever we had spars, Liam would always go full out no matter how small of a fight it is. It was just in his nature to never give up.

ZAP!

What was that noise?

ZAP! ZAP!

There it was again. Where was it coming from?

"Gabriel. . . Look." Aerilyn pointed her finger at Liam.

I turned my head to see. . . No way. . . That shouldn't be possible, not at his age at least.

An electric flow was surrounding his body, acting like a shield of sorts. How was this possible? A deviant at the age of 4. Liam never stops impressing me.

Liam pointed his finger at me, electricity going down his finger. In fact, all the electricity was going down that one finger of his.

BANG!

What immense power was this? I had time to brace for the impact, but I didn't expect this. Liam had sent me flying, getting shocked both figuratively and literally. I could feel my body burning up, as I landed on the floor. It wasn't enough to knock me out, but it was enough to make me some sort of pain.

I groaned, getting back up as I saw Aerilyn cradling the exhausted Liam in her arms. "Liam will be alright. . . He'll just be out for a bit. He completely used up all his Mana though."

"I can't believe that he's a deviant! But you don't look so surprised Aerilyn."

"He is a prodigy after all. Besides there are probably a lot more things he just hasn't unlocked yet." Aerilyn planted her lips onto Liam's forehead. "But Gabriel you didn't have to hurt him that much." She said in a sweet tone that dripped with a bit of anger as she smiled at me.

I scratched the back of my head, chuckling nervously. "At least we know he is a deviant. . . Am I right?"

Aerilyn rolled her eyes standing up. "We're going to be in the carriage. We should head off soon."

I sighed to myself. Gabriel you've done it again. But hey at least I got something cool to see. From my baby boy to top it all off.

(Liam's POV)
"You're awake sweetheart."