22 - # KIDS V.S. KILLER

Start from the beginning

"unless what?" he says, his eyes shooting up to meet mine, silently catching on to what i imply.

"stain is still in the city, right?"

-

"five percent... DETROIT SMASH!"

the hero killer flies back as izuku lands in front of iida. he looks up as stain recovers, still crouching on the ground as the hero killer brings the sword to his lips.

with a small chuckle, stain's tongue runs along the blade, sending a shockwave through izuku's body and freezing him still. 'my body! did he cut me and i didn't even notice?' izuku winces, his breaths stuttering as his eyes trail to his shoulder- a small cut in his sleeve. 'one graze is all it took?'

stain stands up, walking to izuku's side, "you're not powerful enough. it's not that you predicted my movements. you just left my field of vision and maneuvered so that you'd be able to get a clean shot- but i saw through your plan."

he holds his knive at his side as he walks past izuku. "there are countless false heroes around here who are all talk, but i think you're worthy of staying alive. you're different from these two."

stain stands in front of iida's face, his sword unsheathed.

"wait, don't- stop it!" izuku screams, staring in horror at his friend's face.

the tip of his blade grazes iida's cheek, before he lifts it up and hovers it over his neck.

"get away-"

as the blade drops down, it suddenly freezes barely centimeters above iida's body. scarlet energy wraps around it, as the three both look behind him to the entrance of the alleyway.

"hands off." i mutter, swinging my arm to force the blade away from iida as shoto shoots a blaze of flames to the hero killer, sending him tumbling back.

stain grits his teeth, "more people to get in my way... today's been full of distractions."

shoto sighs, holding up his phone, "next time, give more context, if you can."

"hopefully there won't be a next time, though." i add hastily. "we were almost too late to stop this guy."

iida gasps, "you two...? why-"

"how'd you get here?!" izuku gasps, "hold on- todoroki, you're using your left side?"

"how'd we get here? good question. your message took us a while to figure out. like he said, context next time."

shoto huffs, "but you're not one to send cryptic messages, are you?" his foot stops forward, a sheet of frost lining the ground as stain jumps up to avoid it. the ice lifts izuku, iida, and native up, and creates a slide as they shoot behind me, "suzuki figured out that you must be in trouble. everything's okay, the pro heroes will be here any minute."

his left fist engulfs with flames as he sends another blast at the hero killer.

shoto and i stand in front of the three of them protectively.

"you're just what they said you were," shoto spats, "but you won't be taking any more lives, hero killer."

izuku gasps as he struggles against stain's quirk, "you cant let that guy get your blood. i- i think he controls his enemy's actions by swallowing it. that's how he got us!"