Cottoncandy/Kimbrey

Aubrey didn't know how she ended up there. One minute she was in Basil's hospital room with the others and the next she was standing in front of Kim's mother's house. She sniffled and quickly wiped her eyes. Everything had been a blur up until that point and she was still reeling in shock. It was so hard to believe that Sunny and Basil would do something like that. Aubrey must've stood there for too long because the door began to open. She panicked and took a step away, she couldn't just run away now. Kim opened the door and looked surprised to see Aubrey, she seemed even more surprised by Aubrey's tear stained face and red eyes. "Are...Are you crying?" She asked.

"No...I...I didn't mean to come here." Aubrey stammered. "I should go." She quickly turned around, ready to just run home and cry there.

"No, wait!" Kim quickly stopped her. "What happened? Did someone do something to you?" She turned Aubrey back around to face her.

"I..." Aubrey wanted to tell her everything but how do you tell someone that two of your childhood friends killed someone.

"Come in." Kim ushered Aubrey inside and led her to her room. "Vance is out with the others and mom is at work." Kim sat Aubrey down on her bed. "Um...do you need something? Like...I don't know, water?" She asked, nervously adjusting her glasses.

"No...thank you. I'm fine..." Aubrey looked down at the ground. She quietly studied her shoes.

"What happened?" Kim asked again, her voice was softer and calmer than before.

"I..." Aubrey felt herself get choked up and began crying again.

"We don't have to talk about it!" Kim quickly assured her. She sat next to Aubrey and awkwardly patted her back. "We could...um...do something to distract from whatever happened."

"I don't think that'd be possible." Aubrey sniffled and wiped at her eyes. Kim got up from the bed and grabbed some tissues for her. "Thanks." Kim nodded and sat back down.

"What do you want to do?" Aubrey contemplated the question for a moment as she wiped her eyes.

"I don't know. I don't know what anyone is supposed to do in this situation..."

"Did something happen with Basil and Sunny? I know you were visiting them today." Aubrey winced at the mention of the two.

"Something like that..." She murmured. Kim quietly stared at her. Aubrey knew that she wanted to ask her questions but didn't know what to ask. Aubrey didn't know if she should even tell anyone what happened. "I...I don't think I can talk about it right now."

"Alright."

"I think...I think I just need some comfort right now." Aubrey admitted.

"Okay. I can do that." Kim nodded understandingly. She placed an arm around Aubrey's shoulders and pulled her closer. Aubrey rested her head on Kim's shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"For being here for me right now."

"You don't need to thank me for that. I'm always here for you." Aubrey felt a small smile twitch on her lips. For the first time since she heard the news this afternoon she felt a small sense of peace and relief. She still didn't know what to make of the situation but she figured everything would be alright as long as she had Kim to lean on.