Chapter Thirty One

"To us," K'eon smiled as we held up our shot glasses. "For becoming homeowners." We clinked our glasses and quickly downed our shots of Apple Jack, a drink consisting of green apple schnapps and cinnamon tequila. "Seriously though, this is a huge win on your part. I mean, how you finagled her into selling the place? I was impressed! You were like Gordon Ramsay...but with real estate."

"Um...thank you?" I chuckled.

"This party idea was perfect, now we can officially celebrate."

"Yeah, remind me to thank Will later."

"Just remember, none of us can get drunk tonight."

"Working fires and being hungover? Hell no, I've suffered enough." I pulled my phone out and quickly texted Otis.

𝙼𝙴: 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚞𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

Why I was texting him was beyond me. Tonight was a night to celebrate, but here I was doing everything but that.

"That better be that bitch Carol telling you we can have the house for free," K'eon grumbled.

"If only," I chuckled. "It's Brian. He was telling me about his annoying neighbors," I half lied. Otis had once texted me in the middle of the night complaining that his neighbors report him for making a peep but feel like they have the right to have a late night Harry Potter party. He woke up to Harry screaming "EXPECTO PATRONUM" and he nearly had a heart attack. Fun fact, his neighbors have surround sound speakers and subs hooked up and a patronus that powerful can rattle picture frames off the walls.

"Thank God those days are over for us," K'eon smiled and waved to the bartender, ordering two more shots. "He's a good guy. A little goofy and nerdy, but a good guy."

"Yeah, that's why we're friends."

"I like him for you."

"What?"

"Oh come on, Zahra, he's your literal twin, but with a penis...and white."

"You know, I thought I saw the resemblance," I smirked. I looked down at my phone as a text came in.

𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙽: 𝙼𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜. 𝙰 𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚎𝚗/𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 😂

𝙼𝙴: 𝙽𝚘𝚙𝚎, 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚎. 𝙶𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚝 🤦🏻‍♀️

"I mean it, you two would be great for each other," K'eon continued.

"We're best friends, K'eon, it'd be weird."

"So we're Simba and Nala and look how that turned out."

"K'eon!" I laughed. "Coworkers are off limits."

"Ugh, fine," K'eon groaned. I looked down at my phone and smiled.

𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙽: 𝙳𝚊𝚖𝚗. 𝙰𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚕 😂😂😂