Chapter 37: The Golden Mixture

Like the outside, the inside of the house wasn't very big, it was mostly just a living area and a bedroom. We had emptied out our saddlebags then started working out a plan before Eris and Cira would get us for the tour. 

"Well, there's obviously something going on with this place, their dragons act really weird. Do you think they have another King of  Dragons around here like they did at Berserker Island?" 

"I doubt it. The dragons here seem almost mindless while the dragons on Berserker Island were restless. It is said that the King could control dragons but for his own bidding. This is something different." Viggo explained which just confused me more. What are they doing to the dragons to control them like that?

"We just need to find the Falcon Fury and get it out of here."

"It's not going to be that easy, you know that. They said that their chief had the Falcon Fury, so we need to meet him first then work out a plan." He said. Crap, he's right. Like always.

 A knock made us both shoot our heads towards the door. Viggo went over and opened the door to be greeted by Eris. 

"Hello again! Did you guys get settled in?" She smiled and slightly looked past Viggo and into the house. 

"Uh yeah, we did. Where's Cira?" I went beside Viggo, only seeing Eris and her dragon standing outside the door.

"So, something came up and she needed to go do that. Not to worry, I will be giving you guys the tour." Her cheery attitude never seemed to falter. "Cmon, let's start the tour."

"Of course." Viggo dipped his head and walked out of the house.

"Navjeev, Ravi. Lets go." I called to my dragons and Navjeev perked his head up from on the roof before yawning and jumping down.

 Ravi came beside me and cooed, slightly jumping around at my feet. Zyran jumped down from off the roof and nuzzled Viggo's hand. I started to saddle Navjeev when I noticed Eris' nervous expression. 

"Something wrong?" I asked her. 

"I was uh... hoping we could walk for the tour?" She shifted around uncomfortably. 

"Wouldn't it be easier to see the village from the in the air?" Viggo asked while I started taking the saddle off of Navjeev's back. 

"Yeah probably but I'm afraid... of heights." She said it like it was more of a question than a statement. I raised a brow and she smiled at me awkwardly. 

I stared her down, waiting for her to give us the real reason. We stood there in awkward silence before she sighed. 

"Alright, I'm terrible at lying! I don't like getting attached to them." She lowered her head and glanced at her dragon for a second before perking her head up with a smile. "I'm sure you guys are used to it though, you both have really powerful dragons. I hope you guys participate in our festival. I want to see what you guys can do!"

"Depends how long we stay here. Lets get on with the tour, shall we?" Viggo said and glanced at me. 

"Yeah." I called Navjeev and Ravi to my side, I don't feel comfortable leaving them alone. 

Viggo did the same with Zyran and we followed Eris around the village. She showed us around and explained where the healer and the blacksmith was. I noticed they were decorating the village for what I assumed was their festival. 

"Our festival is going to be really special this year since the whole village is going to be there. Our warriors are going to be coming back a day before the festival so they are going to be able to participate in the events this year."