Chapter 5: Stuck with the Hunters

It was the morning after you got caught. Your cage bad been moved to a more shallow cave that was mostly hidden by trees from a birds-eye view. You were just barley able to see the sky from inside the cage. A guard was to check on you every hour or so to make sure you weren't up to anything. You assumed Navjeev had followed the Riders back to The Edge and wasn't caught by the hunters.

"Viggo wants to have a word with you." You looked up to see Ryker.

"Lovely." You rolled your eyes. 

He opened your cage and tied rope around your hands. He pushed you out of the cage and held his sword to your back. You entered Viggo's tent and saw him sitting at his desk. Ryker pushed you forward and forced you into the chair. 

"Damn, you always gotta be so rough?" You turned around to glare at him. 

"Quiet, girl" He snapped. You rolled your eyes and faced Viggo. 

"Hello, my dear. How what your first night? Not to bad I hope." Viggo folded his hands.

"Oh, it was just great. I just love getting attacked by mosquitoes." You spat, inching your arm. 

"Apologies, but back to business. What can you tell me about Hiccup's next moves?" 

"Nothing" 

"He doesn't have a plan?" Ryker asked from behind you. 

"Nah. I'm just not going to tell you." 

"You better tell us or else you aren't going to like the results, girl." Ryker growled. 

"I'm going to be honest with you. Hiccup doesn't really tell anyone anything except for Astrid, so you messed up big time when you took me." You crossed your arms. Viggo looked at you for a second, searching for any lies. 

"You will still be of use to us." You raise a bow. Viggo continued.

"Being the chief's daughter and Hiccup's sister, they will do whatever it takes to ensure your safety. Its your safety for unbothered dragon-trapping in return." He explained. You stayed quite, still glaring at him.

"No sarcastic comments this time?" Viggo smirked. 

"Nope, used them all on your boring guards so I'm all out of 'sarcastic comments'."

"What a shame." Viggo remarked sarcastically. 

"Send her back to her cage. We shall see is she recalls any information in a few days time." he ordered. Ryker groaned, but did as he was told. You got up from the chair and Ryker pushed you out of the tent. Once you reached the cage again, Ryker untied the ropes and shoved you into the cage; locking it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was just about to set. You hung upside-down by your knees from the cage, bored out of your mind. The hourly guard approached your cage coming to check on you. It was a different guard this time, the last few times it was the same guard. You unhooked your legs and swung to land on your feet. 

"Not up to anything are you?" The guard asked as he approached. 

"No, not that I would tell you if I was." You crossed your arms. 

"Tell you what, I'll let you out if you give me a little something in return" He spoke in a flirtatious tone while looking you up and down. You cringed. 

"I'll mak-" 

"Shut up, just shut up. Turn your ass around and walk away, I'm not dealing with this today." You narrowed you eyes. The guard was about to speak again when you head footsteps approaching. 

"I would hope you aren't bothering our prisoner." It was Viggo. The guard's posture straighten as he stared at the ground. 

"N-no, sir. Just talking." The guard stuttered. Viggo looked to you to confirm. 

"Yeah. Just talking." You forced yourself to lie. Viggo didn't looked entirely convinced, but he sent the guard away anyways.  You watched as the guard scampered off. Viggo stepped closer to the cage and held out a plate of chicken to you. You eyed him suspiciously. 

"I didn't poison it." He confirmed. You took the plate out of his hand and sat on the ground to eat. You took a bite, it was really good. You finished eating and set the plate aside. Viggo turned around to leave. 

"Wait."

He looked at you. 

"Can you stay for a bit? It boring out here."

Viggo looked at you, but sat on a stool next to the cage. 

"Let's play a game" You suggested. Viggo raised a brow. 

"Seriously?" 

"Yes, seriously."

"Fine." He sighed. 

"Okay. So, I ask you a question and you answer it, then you ask me a question and I answer it. No questions about plans or anything, that takes all the fun out of it." You explained the game to him. Viggo chuckled. 

"Is this what people do as entertainment now days?" He asked. 

"Yes. Now, why is your brother such a jerk?" You leaned back against the bars of the cage. 

"I can only assume he thinks it makes him seem more intimidating. What's your dragon's name?"

"Navjeev. When was the last time you got any sleep?" 

"Perhaps a month ago" He joked, but probably wasn't entirely joking.

"How did you meet Navjeev?" He asked. 

"About 6 months after we made peace with the dragons, the Riders heard crying coming from a strange looking ship. Not one from the archipelago. The ship looked like it was attacked by a dragon or something, there wasn't anyone on board. They investigated and found him in a cage, he was so young then. They took him back to Berk and wanted me to take care of him until he could survive on his own again. When that time came, he didn't want to leave and we've been together ever since." You smiled. "How did you get the scars on your neck?"

"That's a bit of a personal question don't you think?" Viggo recited the words from your first meeting. 

"You can't intend to blame anyone for asking." You played along, even mimicking Viggo's voice. He chuckled. 

"They're from a ChangeWing. When I was in my youth, I decided it would be a good idea to try and hunt down a Changewing to impress my father. It didn't end in my favor." You could tell he left out parts of his story, but you didn't ask since it as enough that he told you in the first place.

"What about you? How did you receive yours?" Viggo spoke after a few seconds. 

"I used to travel around the archipelago, I wanted to see what was out there. Navjeev and I came across an island and we decided to stay there for the night.  I went out to get some firewood when a dragon came out of nowhere and attacked me. Tore up my face and my shoulder." You moved the neck of your shirt to revel more scars along your right shoulder. "Navjeev got me out of there and I was lucky to have survived." There was more to it, but you didn't feel like adding it in, since it wasn't that important.

"Do you recall what dragon it was?" 

"Don't know, didn't get a good enough look at it. It had purple scales, a long tail, a few horns on it's head, and stood on two legs." You recalled. Viggo hummed in response. There was silence for a few seconds. 

"I better get going, thank you for sharing." Viggo stood up to leave. 

"No, thank you. It was my idea." You smiled. Viggo left and you were by yourself again. 

You were surprised Viggo played the game and actually answered the questions. Maybe he wasn't that bad after all. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 1249

Bit of a shorter chapter, but a chapter none the less. Not sure if I kept Viggo ENTIRELY to his character, but oh well. School is done now so I can write more >:)

That's a Bit of a Personal Question .|Viggo x Reader|.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें