Chapter 3: Defenders

You, along with the rest of the Riders, maneuvered around the ships; Navjeev firing at many of them. He picked up two of the hunters off the ship and tossed them into the water. The hunters screamed and splashed in the water, they mustn't be able to swim very good... oh well, to bad.  Hunters began firing dragon-root arrows at the both of you. Navjeev dodged all the arrows and dove toward the water; pulling up at the last second. He fired at the ships, creating holes that would soon sink the them. 

Navjeev landed on the ship that held a  green Nadder in a cage. You jumped off him and swung the door open to free the Nadder. It flew off  just in time; two hunters noticed and were running toward you. Navjeev went after one hunter, while you went after the other. You unsheathed your sword and  slashed at him; he used his axe to block your moves. You pushed him back until he was at the edge of the boat, of course he didn't notice until you kicked him and he fell off the boat with a splash. Navjeev had already tossed the other hunter off the boat and was waiting for you will a 'took you long enough' look plastered on his face.

"Yeah. Yeah. Let's just get out of here." You hopped on Navjeev and he took off.

 You watched as Hiccup shot the deck that held a dragon-proof winch; the winch was holding on to Meatlug and once Hiccup shot the winch she was able to fly off. You also saw Ryker jump off the boat trying to grab the winch that was still holding on to Meatlug. You laughed as he failed miserably and fell into the water. You followed the others riders back to The Edge. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Riders were back on The Edge and were gathered in the dome, checking up on their dragons. You were giving Navjeev some head scratches while Hiccup was talking to Fishlegs, but you didn't bother listening. You noticed Astrid was limping and Heather was helping her walk, Hiccup noticed too. 

"Are you limping?" Hiccup asked, concerned. 

"No." 

"She got shot in the leg." Heather told the truth for Astrid. Ouch. 

"What?!" 

"A hunter arrow was going to hit Stormfly, so I blocked it." 

"With your leg?!" 

"It just grazed me. I'm fine." Astrid started walking away, more limping than walking. Heather shrugged. 

"All right, has anyone else been hurt recently? Who didn't tell me?" Hiccup turned to the rest of the Riders. Snotlout raised his hand, so did the twins. 

"I got a thing in my eye." Tuffnut pointed to his eye. 

"You mean that tiny, little bug?" Ruff asked. 

"Hey. That bug was on a mission. A mission to be in my eye." 

"Oh, gods. (Y/N), how about you? Did you get hurt?" Hiccup turned to you. 

"My finger was chopped off." You say sarcastically. 

"Wait, really? I wanna see." Tuff looked at you. 

"No, Tuff. I was kidding." You snickered. Hiccup rolled his eyes. 

"We all know the risks, Hiccup." Heather spoke. 

"And lets not forgets we freed a couple dozen dragons this week." Astrid explained to Hiccup. 

"Okay, guys, new rule. From now on-" Hiccup was cut off as a Terrible Terror landed on his arm. It appeared to have a note tied to it's leg. He took the note and the dragon flew off. The twins walked over as he was reading the note.

"What is it? Lots of big words? You want me to take a look at that? Yeah, big words are my thing, or should I say my thingy." Tuff tried to look at the paper. You walked over to your brother and looked over his shoulder to try and read the paper.