Honest Truth

Ship: Etho x Iskall
WC:491
Warning: Its sadish
Angst & sappy

Ethos had just perched on a bench for lunch in the far left corner. As he waited for Iskall to make his way to the cafeteria, he loved spending time with Iskall. They were just so nice to Etho, and one of the only to be. Etho sat at the end of the table and peeled his mask off making sure to look down so no one sees his face as he was extremely insecure about the scars that had formed from his childhood trauma. As he sat there wrapping up his meal, his dear friend still wasn't there.

But just as he went to pull up his mask once again a figure slid next to him. “Hii, you Etho right?” His eyes couldn't focus on the figure from the shock they had caused him and he just nodded. “Well would you… wanna go out sometime?” Etho began to stare at the person. He had gorgeous, blonde flowing hair that was so fluffy, emerald green eyes and an admirable sense of fashion. “Sure,” The white-haired male said happily. “Alsoooo why do you wear a mask?” They questioned, staring at his unmasked face. “That's personal,” he mumbled, pulling up his mask. Just then he felt a hand unloop it again and grab it. “W-What… didn't you just ask me.. To go out with you though…?” He stumbled reaching out for his mask.

“Pfft, you thought I was serious. You are just an ugly weird thing that has to wear a stupid mask” He projected Etho making him crumble inside. He felt all the faces stare and heard all the laughs of the people. He even saw a few people take photos of him.Tears began to form. “C-Can I just have my mask back?” He mustered out the courage to ask. The figure just laughed pathetically.

As Etho cupped his face in his hands he heard a familiar voice. “Give me the mask.” The voice was stern but comforting. “No” the bratty male said in return. As he looked up at the fight he saw Iskall. They were helping him… he’d never been so grateful for his friend. Iskall snatched the mask back before giving them a death stare. “Leave him alone punk. Stop projecting your insecurities on him.” Etho smiled slightly as he saw them get closer to him, handing his mask back. Quickly slipping it back on before going into the warm embrace he longed for.

Tears flooded his face. Ethos' head burrowed into Iskall’s chest making it get stained with salty tears. Their hands just slid through Ethos' hair. “You okay buddy?” The soft voice said. He was only able to quietly speak out mumbles “N-Now that you h-here I am… thank you.” A grin slid across their face slightly before wrapping his arms around Etho and resting their head on Ethos soft hair.